C4 Forums | Control4

Can't enable multiple audio zones

First post (noob). 

Just got my EA3 installed and also C4-16Amp3-b. 

6 audio zones in my home. When it was first installed, I could easily enable multiple zones in the house. Worked with shairbridge, and tune-in radio. 

All of a sudden, I can only have one zone playing at a time. When I try to turn other zones on, they are no longer listed as being able to be turned on. 

Rebooted EA3 and the amp with no luck. 

Any my thoughts that could help me out before I call my dealer?

Hmm. Ea3 only has one stereo audio output (though there are ways to get more streams via the digital coax and hdmi). Is your problem that you can only listen to one STREAM at a time (but still that one stream in more than one location), or are you not even seeing the option to do that?

As far as I know, I can only listen to one stream at a time with just the EA3. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But the problem is that that particular stream is only able to be heard in one zone at a time. There used to be an option to add more audio zones so I could have all 6 zones in my house playing the same stream at the same time. Now when I choose to add more zones, there aren't any listed. 

Hope that makes sense. 

So when you are listening in "zone 1" and press zones button (house icon) and then add zones there is no zones to add?

And can you start listening to music in any zone or just in one?

If its only one is that one conected to C4 amp or something else like AVR or something?

Sent from my LG G2

Thanks for your responses.  To answer 9800pro,

1. Yes. 

2. I can start listening in any zone. But while in any current zone, I am unable to add other zones by clicking on the "house" button. They simply aren't listed. 

3. It is only connected to C4 amp. 

One last one - when you press 'zones' - does it show the session in play (in other words it DOES show the one room is playing and you can press 'add rooms' but it simply gives an empty list).

OK maybe two - what device(s) are you trying to do this from.

Right. That's a weird one. I wonder if when the change was made a refresh navigator was forced - not sure if you have HE, or if not if ME allows you to trigger that yourself but that's one thing to try.

If that doesn't fix it I wonder if something odd is going on with the room bindings.

• 1 month later...

So...if i have a room playing, then I switch rooms on my iphone app, then I hit that zone to play that same source, it works fine....Then I can go into the icon that shows the 2 zones that are now playing.......that's the only way that I can get multi-zone playing.  Had the dealer "remote-in" to system and they couldn't figure it out.  They are coming out next week for a different reason so I'll get them to fix er up and tell you the solution they found.

• 10 months later...
On 4/15/2016 at 3:01 PM, Wolfaslov said:

So...if i have a room playing, then I switch rooms on my iphone app, then I hit that zone to play that same source, it works fine....Then I can go into the icon that shows the 2 zones that are now playing.......that's the only way that I can get multi-zone playing.  Had the dealer "remote-in" to system and they couldn't figure it out.  They are coming out next week for a different reason so I'll get them to fix er up and tell you the solution they found.

Same problem here.

Did u manage to solve this? How?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Archived