C4 Forums | Control4

Honeywell Vista Security System

ECS

Hello, has anyone seen the new driver for 2.8. Is there an ETA? I know that this has been asked before, just looking to see if anyone has an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello, has anyone seen the new driver for 2.8. Is there an ETA? I know that this has been asked before, just looking to see if anyone has an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As of last week still 2 bugs in the driver preventing release. I get updates about once a week.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, am350z said:

Finally!!  Anyone try it?  Or will I be the guinea pig?

it was literally just released before I posted that - so dang, give people some time to test ;)

I plan to test this afternoon (maybe - depends on schedule)

26 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

VISTA-15P

VISTA-15PSIA

VISTA-20P

VISTA-20PSIA

FA160CP and FA168C.  Version 9.1 or Higher

VISTA-21iP and VISTA-21iPSIA.   Version 3.13 or Higher

Thanks!

If I'm not mistaken, after Concord, DSC Powerseries, Elk M1, And those Vistas, the most popular panel is the GE NX-8, then the other Vista units. With ELK doing their own (via Houselogix), I'd expect that IF they are going to develop more, NX-8 is next, followed by the other Vista panels (unless some of the popular panels in Europe get their act straight and update overdue firmware, ie Texxecom and Napco)

GE Superbus 2000 (Concord4)

DSC it-100 (paid driver)

DSC it-230

Those two are for PowerPC series panels

DSC tl-280 (DSC NEO panels)

Vista 15, 16 20, 21 and comparable first alert panels (using Honeywell's 4232 module)

HAI Omni/Lumina (paid driver)

Vista/DSC and more via a 3rd party module : https://www.houselogix.com/shop/hsim-dsc-honeywell-and-ademco-security-integration-module List on their site

In addition, ELK is in the making now - don't know the status, but it's actively being worked on (think it's in beta)

3 minutes ago, Chico said:

Cy, the vista panels don't work with C4 out of the box? They need a C4 compatible module?

You need to add the  4232 compatibility module.  That is for serial integration with a lot more then just control4.

3 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

You need to add the  4232 compatibility module.  That is for serial integration with a lot more then just control4.

Thanks! Changing the subject for just a moment. What's the best practice when it comes to keypads in the main door? Honeywell keypads are ugly and straight out of 1980.

51 minutes ago, Chico said:

Thanks! Changing the subject for just a moment. What's the best practice when it comes to keypads in the main door? Honeywell keypads are ugly and straight out of 1980.

Its not just honeywell! :) EVERY security panel is ugly and straight out of the 80s. 

I'm still waiting for the GC3 to hit the market. No idea what is taking Nortek so long. Should have been out a year ago.

2 hours ago, Chico said:

Cy, the vista panels don't work with C4 out of the box? They need a C4 compatible module?

They do not have built-in rs232 on those models - so you need HONEYWELL's automation module - as you would need DSC's automation module (IT-100/230 or TL-280), and the Superbus 2000 module for Concord4 or ELK's communication bus device .......

Archived