C4 Forums | Control4

Honeywell Vista Security System

ECS

4 minutes ago, am350z said:

Perhaps because c4 alarm integration in my experience, albeit limited, has not been great?  

Then I'm guessing it's been integrated wrong - properly done, it's pretty much flawless, at least when it comes to take over the 'common' interface - but as per the pictures above, there's touchscreens for all the common integrated security systems, if you're willing to pay for it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

The bigger question is if you're doing C4, why pay for a fancy keypad - hide one keypad somewhere out of the way as back-up (ie at the security panel) and put in a C4 touchscreen....

Much more elegant. Good solution.  

48 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Then I'm guessing it's been integrated wrong - properly done, it's pretty much flawless, at least when it comes to take over the 'common' interface - but as per the pictures above, there's touchscreens for all the common integrated security systems, if you're willing to pay for it.

No, integrated correctly.  Panel is Vista128bpt with Houselogix serial driver.  It works but is certainly slower than directly using the Honeywell keypad.  And a little bit clunky.  Maybe I should try the Hsim driver?

Should also add it is much slower than Honeywell's Total Connect.  

I've not used that driver specifically, so can't comment on it - nor have I tried THAT panel with HSIM..

I can tell you we do DSC PowerPC series, GE Concord, Network NX 8 and Vista (or equivalent) panels (4232 usually as we don't install those panels ourselves and other security providers don't like messing with 3rd party stuff) and local arming and disarming is basically instant.

I'm most familiar with the first two (DSC at the showroom, probably the most installed panel we have now - Concord4 I have at my own house, used to be the most common) I should add.

Personally I'm waiting for the first chance to do a NEO setup now that we have final pricing and the module available locally - we do a panel several times a month usually, but we are in the middle of some HUGE projects AND have a few people out for specialty training so 'new' stuff is held back a bit, and the panel I happened to replace today was a Concord (to keep the existing wireless sensors) ;)

12 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

I can tell you we do DSC PowerPC series, GE Concord, Network NX 8 and Vista (or equivalent) panels (4232 usually as we don't install those panels ourselves and other security providers don't like messing with 3rd party stuff) and local arming and disarming is basically instant.

The 128bpt is a Vista series panel which allows direct serial control yet there is no C4 driver other than 3rd party.  Its a shame because it is a pretty common panel.  Odd that they have driver for the lower panels that dont direct support serial but not for the ones that do.   I called C4 to see if it would be though I know they may not have or give any info.   

I guess i have to keep waiting, try hsim driver or change panels.

We have several houses running security mainly on touchscreens and it works just fine.  Like Cy said we always keep at least one Honeywell keypad somewhere but it never gets touched.  C4 alarm integration has been just fine for years, with my only complaint being the way the driver does the panic buttons.  Nothing a little creativity can't solve.

55 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Is this new driver specific for 2.8+ systems or is it just a refresh that works with all flavors of C4?

Thanks,

Jeff

it requires 2.8 + .  It is using a brand new proxy that is only available in 2.8

My C4 Honeywell Vista 20p integration through RS232 has been phenomenal. The wireless door contacts that drop into the top of the door are some of my favorite things. I have them on interior doors. 

On March 31, 2016 at 3:23 PM, msgreenf said:

I said this wrong - its not a driver to add - it's an agent.  You need to turn on the history agent

I really like the history agent. this new security integration is night and day better than the old one. Wife (and I) wants to replace the keypad in bedroom with a touchscreen. Didn't think I would ever be able to justify the need for one. 

On March 29, 2016 at 6:27 PM, Cyknight said:

I've not used that driver specifically, so can't comment on it - nor have I tried THAT panel with HSIM..

I'm most familiar with the first two (DSC at the showroom, probably the most installed panel we have now - Concord4 I have at my own house, used to be the most common) I should add.

Personally I'm waiting for the first chance to do a NEO setup now that we have final pricing and the module available locally - we do a panel several times a month usually, but we are in the middle of some HUGE projects AND have a few people out for specialty training so 'new' stuff is held back a bit, and the panel I happened to replace today was a Concord (to keep the existing wireless sensors) ;)

Cyknight, I have read that it is not possible to integrate DSC NEO panels into both C4 and Alarm.com together.  Have you been able to work around this somehow or are your customers doing something different?  I know that Concord4 can be integrated to both at the same time.

AFAIK you are correct, because it uses the same module, and you cannot integrate both.

Generally, we have normal landlines in place if monitoring is desired - for GSM monitoring, we've so far used GE Concord and we have a handful of PowerPC seiries pieces.

Note that GSM monitoring is likely still possible indirect with the NEO - ie tie it to a normal phone line connection with a GSM module.

Archived