C4 Forums | Control4

JUST RELEASED: August Smart Lock Driver

From the makers of the Amazon Echo driver for Control4... 

We have just released our driver for the August Smart Lock (http://www.august.com/products/august-smart-lock). It is similar to other lock control drivers in that it enables control and display of August Lock status from within Control4 UI's and programming by binding to a Generic Door Lock relay driver. 

The driver requires that one has an August Connect, which allows the Bluetooth lock to connect to the IP network and be cloud-enabled. Our driver uses the cloud interface to connect to the lock of course. 

The driver can be purchased from www.epic-systems.com. 

Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think certainly $60-$75 is fair for a driver like this but customers have cringed when I quote them $100 to start to integrate the lock. They quickly look away. I understand it costs time/resources to build the drivers but as someone in the field I figured I'd let you know what the experience is. At that point they are willing to change the lock completely and go with a kwikset at that point.

14 minutes ago, VINCELdUB said:

Could you include a link to the hardware you have built this driver for? Thank you and

Happy Automating!

http://august.com/products/august-smart-lock/?utm_source=6916&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=a11-a108-a3961-00&gclid=CjwKEAiA17LDBRDElqOGq8vR7m8SJAA1AC0_TrsDQR8k7a4_MJwPhKqkvVa94K7RlLqafgnrVMfw9hoC6W7w_wcB

Thank you for the link. After reviewing site, is this true.

1. Need lock and "gateway" device to make this work with C4?

2. If the Internet goes down, will control4 still be able to communicate as long as LAN is still operational?

3. Does the integration include the ability to program events based on what user unlocked the door?

4. In your experience with this driver, how long does it take for the lock to receive an unlock command from C4?

Thank you very much for your work in this and

Happy Automating!

3 hours ago, VINCELdUB said:

Thank you for the link. After reviewing site, is this true.

1. Need lock and "gateway" device to make this work with C4?

2. If the Internet goes down, will control4 still be able to communicate as long as LAN is still operational?

3. Does the integration include the ability to program events based on what user unlocked the door?

4. In your experience with this driver, how long does it take for the lock to receive an unlock command from C4?

Thank you very much for your work in this and

Happy Automating!

1- correct

2-no, the driver communicates the August's cloud API

3-no, August does not provide that level of detail unfortunately

4-typically about 6-8 seconds

On the topic of the API, do you think there is anyway to create a virtual cloud? Local I mean. On a local server? Really like the locks. Just a shot in the dark

Happy Automating!

No

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2017 at 1:08 PM, chopedogg88 said:

no problem.  unfortunately the price drop hasn't caused any increase in driver purchases :(

We were told the same thing when we introduced the official driver for Ecobee 4 years ago. So we dropped the price and told the dealer that if this increases driver sales we will keep it. Guess what NO change! 

We put in a LOT of work in developing these drives, not to mention the constant updates for new features, functions, and os updates. Than there is the tech support that we offer. 

Great work on the driver!

• 3 months later...

Archived