C4 Forums | Control4

Google Home

15 hours ago, Gix656 said:

Does it respond quickly to your voice commands? What's the average time between finishing your command and it being executed?

Anyone know if Google Home works in Canada?

From the tutorial Alan created, it looks like you can say specific commands like "OK Google, lock the front door" instead of the Alexa "Alexa, turn front door lock on". Which will be awesome!

Is there a way to use a custom wake command? One of my clients really wants voice control but wants "Jarvis" to be the wake command.

it is fast. a lot faster than i expected. and the accuracy is very good. I have the "turn on chromecast one in the $" in IFTTT working great, working on adding the rest of the sources now that i have tested it since it takes a bit using string variables for each source so there are less IFTTT scenarios to build

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzg1j9ip6jlqlkq/20161113_111043.mp4?dl=0

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Kevin L said:

I returned my Google Homes.. Google dropped the ball on this one. They dont properly work with Google Apps (G Suite Accounts) 

wow! are you sure there wasn't features you had to enable in your G suite Admin panel?

9 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

wow! are you sure there wasn't features you had to enable in your G suite Admin panel?

Kevin is near enough a Google/Android fan, not to mention quite well versed in 'technology' that I have to sincerely doubt it's that simple.

If I had to guess - it may all be possible to 'make work', but it shouldn't have to be 'made to work'. My brief experience in a demo made me decide to not even bother getting them - at least at this point.

Kevin is near enough a Google/Android fan, not to mention quite well versed in 'technology' that I have to sincerely doubt it's that simple.

If I had to guess - it may all be possible to 'make work', but it shouldn't have to be 'made to work'. My brief experience in a demo made me decide to not even bother getting them - at least at this point.

I'll have to look at my gapps console

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, msgreenf said:

To make Assistant work you have to enable a feature but when you sign into the account with the home app it still says it can not read your emails or calendar 

Well, I have an app on my phone called "Google Home", so I assumed (apparently wrongfully) that I could interact with the cloud aspect of things using my phone.

The home app is used to configure the hardware. Just like alexa app isn't alexa

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

The home app is used to configure the hardware. Just like alexa app isn't alexa

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Right...but can't Alexa work with Siri? I just wrongfully assumed the phone could be the hardware. Thanks for clarifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ILoveC4 said:

Right...but can't Alexa work with Siri? I just wrongfully assumed the phone could be the hardware. Thanks for clarifying.

No Alexa is just the service on the echo series of hardware from everything I've seen.

Just need to clarify.  There is an Google Home app, that I use.  I say "ok google" to it and it responds with the answer, similar to the way the physical hardware does.  So I can't use this with the cloud aspect and control4 with the proper driver?

Google has always historically kept a line drawn between Free and Enterprise.

I too get disappointed because my GSuite account doesn't get all the latest features as soon as released.

The simple solution is just create a gmail account for your personal and home stuff.

Just need to clarify.  There is an Google Home app, that I use.  I say "ok google" to it and it responds with the answer, similar to the way the physical hardware does.  So I can't use this with the cloud aspect and control4 with the proper driver?

No this feature is unique to the pixel assistant and Google home devices right now.

1 hour ago, forum said:

The simple solution is just create a gmail account for your personal and home stuff.

No its not.. If all of my emails and events are on my google apps account then simply creating a gmail account does nothing. It makes the google home do half the stuff it is supposed to do. The entire point is to be able to add things to my keep account, hear emails and calendar appointments 

7 minutes ago, cdepaola said:

Except it's Google Home and not Google Work

I dont recall gmail being called home and technically google for "work" is called google apps or gsuite not good for work. 

gmail isnt called google home so your statement is stupid 

52 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

I dont recall gmail being called home and technically google for "work" is called google apps or gsuite not good for work. 

gmail isnt called google home so your statement is stupid 

Sensitive!

Except I'm talking about the device that goes by the name of "Google Home".

Gsuite or Google apps is primarily for business as is stated directly at the top of the home page for this service.

This was my point of "Google Home" the device not working with Gsuite which is a business service and not a "home" service. 

Archived