C4 Forums | Control4

Issues with Tunein and 2.8.2

Hi all, I have a number of systems that have recently been updated to 2.8.2 to fix other problems.

All systems are having issues with the Tunein and favorites

Everything is set up and the tunein driver is joined to the account which has the favourites listed.

So the issue:-

When the system has been idle for a couple hours, then on a touchscreen we access Listen - Stations and select a station, nothing happens, sometimes a second press of the icon will stream, sometimes it can take a number of presses.

Again if the system has been idle for a couple hours and we then go Listen - Tunein - favourites, we get a black screen with Loading... for about 30 seconds followed by Network Error

Now if we press on browse and back onto My Favorites, the favourites appear instantly.

Any ideas please as this didn't happen before the 2.8.2 update?

Mak

tunein.png

Delete the driver and add it in fresh, also scan for second and third instances of TuneIn.

Occasionally on updates, especially from post 2.4 but pre 2.7 some of these weird issues happen due to the driver not updating right.

Yes tried that, OK today we tried thi with an HC250, we installed 2.7.0 with Tunein and it worked, every time, no problems

Updated the HC250 to 2.8.0, uninstalled and reinstalled the Tunein driver and guess what .. the issue reappears.

There is def an issue with the later tunein driver, the driver in 2.7.0 was a multi coloured icon, the driver in 2.8+ is green

Is anyone else seeing this with tunein??

MAK

tunein.png

2 hours ago, makidoja said:

There is def an issue with the later tunein driver

No I'd say there is definitely something wrong, but I wouldn't say there's a for sure issue with the driver as such - considering you're the first to mention it ;)

Check under connections, make sure both options there are connected. Under system design, I'd see what it says too, but if your multiple clients are having this - you may want to get tech support involved.

check to make sure that your controller has a zip code, and the correct time. you may also want to delete all instances of tune in and then be sure to install a online only version of tune in with the latest date.

Tried the DNS on process to 8.8.8.8

Control4 are saying it's related to the Draytek router, I have swapped a Draytek here for a Cheap  TP Link Archer C2  and the problem has gone away

The issue I now have is Control4 are saying it's Draytek and Draytek are saying it's Control4, Now it worked OK with Drayteks until Control4 changed something in there firmware but getting them to listen to us is not easy.

We have a vast number of customers that have Dratek 2830 or 2860 and they work with everything they have except the Tunein on Control4

We need a resolution and quickly

Who else has a similar issue and are using Draytek routers?

MAK

• 2 weeks later...

Check the knowledge base .. i have found changing the TCP WWW timeout on the Draytek routers has massively improved the tunein

I reported back to Control 4 and they have created a Knowledge base entry

Mak

• 1 month later...

I have noticed these issues also with TuneIn on 2.8.2.  I hope they fix it soon.  In the meantime I have a Sonos that works fine, but you have to work around the Wakeup limitation, create a wakeup and then have the room switch to the sonos favorite when the wakeup fires.  Stupid.

• 1 month later...

We have the same problem. We tried version 2.8.2 and 2.9, both have the same network error issues. We have the problem with customers and in our showroom. We downgrade the controller version to 2.5.3 and no more errors. We never use Draytek. We use Ubiquiti. For me is an issue on the Tunein driver. If you look at the log of the commands between the controller and the router, when you call Tunein after two hours iddle, they never send a request to Estab. a new connection, once you received the ERROR, and try again then the controller send the new connection request.

• 1 year later...
On 7/8/2016 at 9:41 AM, makidoja said:

Check the knowledge base .. i have found changing the TCP WWW timeout on the Draytek routers has massively improved the tunein

I reported back to Control 4 and they have created a Knowledge base entry

Mak

Hello Mak.... 

I hope it's not too late to dust off this thread and get a wee bit more advice re your TCP WWW timeout setting solution (I dont have access to the C4 knowledge base any more so cant look it up there)

What timeout value would you recommend? I have an EA5 running 2.9.0 with a Draytek 2860 and have exact same Tunein problem.

Thanks

Karl

Hello Mak.... 
I hope it's not too late to dust off this thread and get a wee bit more advice re your TCP WWW timeout setting solution (I dont have access to the C4 knowledge base any more so cant look it up there)
What timeout value would you recommend? I have an EA5 running 2.9.0 with a Draytek 2860 and have exact same Tunein problem.
Thanks
Karl
Change DNS to Google and update to 2.9.1

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You guys all know there is a new tune in app for 2.8+ right? Maybe even 2.6 and up. For some reason it doesn’t get replaced on controller upgrades and you need to delete it and re add it to the project. Anything that shipped 2.5.3 and below 

even if you migrated the project to a new controller the old driver is still there. 

On 1/16/2018 at 11:42 AM, knowitall said:

Any of you who are running a project that ever had 2.5.3 or prior on it I can almost guarantee your tunein driver is .c4i

image.png.3cc5af5ea5767e1346ab01e6a43b9870.pngimage.png.3fbcfd4a0d31c4ee9837d6b8b1587927.png

Hi knowitall

Thanks for your reply

Driver is definitely correct (and I have reinstalled it just in case it was corrupt)

Have bypassed managed network switch ( ie EA5 directly on Draytek LAN as I believe there are issues with latest controllers on managed switches)

Seems like a timeout situation. ie once Tunein connects it will retain a connection perfectly and indefinitely. Once a Tunein session ends, it then takes several attempts to re-establish a connection.

Thanks for taking an interest in my problem :)

4 hours ago, brucecampbell said:

Thanks for the info - I have V2.9.1 and am having this same problem - will get the driver checked tonight.

Hello Bruce

Please let me know of you find a solution!

Have you had a look at makidoja's post re the TCP WWW timeout setting on the Draytek

The knowledge base apparently has a solution which requires Telnet to the Draytek and to set the above parameter BUT set to what?  makidoja didn't say in his post. If you could look that reference up fo me, I would really appreciate it. This may fix us both up (touch wood).

Good luck with you quest

regards

$G

11 hours ago, $Genius said:

Hello Bruce

Please let me know of you find a solution!

Have you had a look at makidoja's post re the TCP WWW timeout setting on the Draytek

The knowledge base apparently has a solution which requires Telnet to the Draytek and to set the above parameter BUT set to what?  makidoja didn't say in his post. If you could look that reference up fo me, I would really appreciate it. This may fix us both up (touch wood).

Good luck with you quest

regards

$G

I took a brief look last night:

My TuneIn driver is version 111. I'm going to get this updated to the latest (113 as shown in the post above) and see if that helps.

I'm not running a managed switch, so not sure if the timeout settings are affecting me.

One test I did was to create a loop to turn on tunein with a one second delay between each attempt and a counter.

so far the record is 39 attempts before TuneIn comes on......

will keep you posted once I get a new version of the driver installed.

We are also having problems with TuneIn and Napster through Control4 using Draytek Routers.

As standard we increase the Portmaptime in the Draytek to 400 seconds or longer.

Even though loading the list of stations does not time out like it did before, we are still experiencing a long delay when once a radio station or song is selected. 20-30 seconds of silence before music starts playing.

Anyone else experienced this?

Archived