C4 Forums | Control4

Switches

beemer

Lutron works well.  I know the others are cost effective, but the frustration of them being quirky might not be worth it. Control4 will be the only native zigbee pro devices.  Lutron will need a main repeater if using Ra2 or a bridge for the Caseta.  The others are Zwave and will require a bridge as wall.  Control4 switches will help increase your overall zigbee network for a more reliable system. 

Lutron works well, but isn't "easily" integrated, in the sense that a dealer has to manually enter the bus id and device id for every Lutron device to be controlled in the Control4 system.

Some things like scenes should work fine, but won't be as smooth as native Control4 scenes, or as smooth as native Lutron scenes, since each system handles scenes differently.

I agree that the others are in a different class altogether from the Lutron and Control4 devices.

RyanE

Ra2 works beautifully in Control4. I agree that is time consuming to integrate in C4, especially if you want LED feedback when doing custom programming. I will always spec C4 lighting in my systems, but I'm glad that I won't leave customers unhappy if they already have Ra2. 

Right now - C4 lighting or Lutron RA2 (there's another for 220/240 v as well but that's out of my common knowledge range). Some other work, but meh.

WITHIN C4, it's impossible to beat C4 - but if you have Ra2, it'll work a charm.

To be fair, some of those 'other' (incuding but not limited to crestron lighting, HAI (Leviton), Centralite, Insteon, LeGrand Adorne, Lutron Caseta and QS, Wink and many ZWave with a Vera Bridge) do work fairly well in C4 as such, but if you're planning now....those really are mostly to keep what's there already.

Zwave and some of the above, as well as DLink and Belkin and Safeplug offer some additions C4 lacks themselves - and HUE is a great addition as well, but I wouldn't count adding that as 'whole home lighting' of itself.

It's a free download from Houselogix website. The dealer will charge to install and then name each instance of the driver and punch in the integration ID from the radio ra2 software. My dealer originally wanted quite a bit for each switch but I was enable to negotiate down to a more reasonable amount for the whole deal - I have almost 110 devices (switches, keypads and shades). It takes about 2-3 min (at max) per device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beemer,

if you're looking for a whole house lighting solution, you can't beat Lutron and Control4. Insteon can be unreliable. If budget is limited, there's nothing better than Caseta at that price point. PM me and tell me what you're lighting plan is, maybe I can help you. 

• 2 weeks later...
do we have the Drivers for Bticino or legrand from control 4 or  should we buy the Drivers. 

They need to be purchased from a third party developer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
On 6/27/2016 at 5:25 PM, eddy.trochez said:

Beemer,

if you're looking for a whole house lighting solution, you can't beat Lutron and Control4. Insteon can be unreliable. If budget is limited, there's nothing better than Caseta at that price point. PM me and tell me what you're lighting plan is, maybe I can help you. 

I will like to know more about the Caseta Lutrun lighten integration...

6 hours ago, stanbas said:

I will like to know more about the Caseta Lutrun lighten integration...

Basically you install the caseta lighting, Install the smart bridge pro, get the lutron lights and their app up and working perfectly, the Control4 dealer installs drivers and gets device IDs as mentioned by Ryan, setup a static/reserved IP on the bridge and you're good to go. The price point is nice but they arent very pretty looking, and you'll probably want to get the Pro dimmers too for their higher load handling and be aware of any special needs for 3+ way lights. Also there is officially a 50 device limit for the Caseta/smart bridge pro from Lutron.

http://www.casetawireless.com/Pages/faqs.aspx

Archived