C4 Forums | Control4

Full install guide for C4-Wall 10-1-WH

Hi 

I purchased a new 10" touch screen (c4-WALL 10-1-WH) but it only came with a small sheet of paper showing how to install the plastic box and nothing else.

My dealer is going to add it to my system next month when my kitchen is done, but I said I would have it installed in the wall and hooked up to cat6 when they arrived.  When I go to the link for documentation that came on the screen, it says the document is restricted access.

Thanks

Dave

9 hours ago, VINCELdUB said:

c30a3591aff6fc6323eec3099b5c9c37.jpg

6949da7b5282c5b317e7b391304b0e16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more question. I just have a cat6 going to the screen, no power as in this instructions.   So do I add that power over Ethernet box?  If so non came w my screen but I have 2 that are about 7 years old that powered the small 4 inch screen. Can I reuse that or do I need to order a new one for the 10 inch screen?

The touchscreen can be powered either by 110V, *or* by Power Over Ethernet (PoE).

For PoE, you can either use a PoE Ethernet Switch, or use a PoE Injector after the Ethernet Switch.

If you have CAT6 (or CAT5) running to the touchpanel location, you should be fine.

RyanE

I would highly recommend leaving the touchpanel off the wall until your installer comes to finish. This way they won't have to take it back off the wall and take the back box out just to test the cat6 terminations, unless you have the proper tools to do so yourself. Just a thought.

On 6/22/2016 at 8:31 AM, RyanE said:

Didn't mention, but I assume you understand that the PoE injector is put near the Ethernet Switch, not close to the touchpanel.

:)

RyanE

Hi Ryan,

I have an old power injector for cat6 from my original small screens from about 7 years ago I don't use anymore (see picture).   Can I use this for my new 10 inch one I'm installing or do I need to buy a new one?

Thanks

Dave

Power Injector.jpg

16 hours ago, derickson1472 said:

Thanks for all the help!

Last question and I'll close thread :)

What is the recommended standard height you should install the 10 inch at on the wall?

Thanks

Dave

I do at least 54" to the center of the screen depending on the height of the people using the system. I mount them a few inches below eye level. It's comfortable for your eyes and your arm is not raised too high when using the system. 

Archived