C4 Forums | Control4

Ecobee Integration

funnyfarm299

All right, I finally had a day off and could try out the demo of the Ecobee driver. Honestly, I don't get why everyone hypes it so much, The schedules don't pull correctly, changes are slow to reflect compared to the Nest and C4 thermostats, and the programming events are limited. I just want to be able to make a hold based on a climate...

It almost makes me want to do the driver development course myself!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed! Very little reason to have the ecobee integrated as generally anything you'd need to do can be done with the ecobee alone or ecobee +IFTTT. The C4 add is just a little extra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, cdepaola said:

Agreed! Very little reason to have the ecobee integrated as generally anything you'd need to do can be done with the ecobee alone or ecobee +IFTTT. The C4 add is just a little extra

I REALLY don't want to have to deal with adding another web service to a house. I should just be able to say "when alarm panel arms to xxxx -> set mode (away, sleep, home)

@funnyfarm299, what version of the driver are you using? Where did you download the trial from?

The difference in response time is do to the fact that the driver actually waits for a response from the unit. Most drivers just assume that the command was sent and received by the Control4 system.  

If there are questions or comments about  features please feel free to contact us.

On 6/28/2016 at 1:38 PM, thedriverslab said:

@funnyfarm299, what version of the driver are you using? Where did you download the trial from?

The difference in response time is do to the fact that the driver actually waits for a response from the unit. Most drivers just assume that the command was sent and received by the Control4 system.  

If there are questions or comments about  features please feel free to contact us.

1.0.0.5, from your website.

I did email you guys regarding both the scheduling issue and the possibility of adding climates. You never replied after the first email you sent me.

9 hours ago, funnyfarm299 said:

All right, I installed the new driver. Still doesn't show the correct schedule on composer or navigators. Also there's still no way to trigger a climate.

I see the incorrect schedule too.  It's missing sleep for me.

What do you mean by Trigger climate?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2016 at 10:45 AM, msgreenf said:

@thedriverslab yup! New driver from last night is working GREAT!  As always, EXCELLENT service from this group!

@msgreenf, we are always  

Hey guys,

Unfortunately, we are limited to the options that Control4 provides within the Proxies as we can no longer design custom UI's.

For the scheduler to work you need to set it up via Control4. 

• 3 weeks later...
having trouble integrating this? I bought the license and its active but i cant figure out how to find my tstats.

Did you install and authentic the communicator driver? Then you need the stat driver and run the discovery action which gives you a pin to pin into the T stat identification field

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

My nest is starting to throw a wobbly and I suspect it's the old battery no c wire thing. Though the nest driver is great the unit itself is starting to get unreliable and I don't think I'd get another one. To clever by half frankly. What do you do with this thing when the lithium battery goes? Chuck the whole darn nest out? That's ridiculous.

so I'm thinking a swap to ecobbe or C4 Tstat because both have there own non rechargeable (replaceable) batteries right? Anyone else gone from nest to ecobee? Experiences? Ecobee driver ok?

I have not integrated my ecobee yet, but it uses the power from the furnace. Original thermostat was battery and just plugged in the extra wire at the furnace (there is an adapter if you don't have an "extra" wire)

Nice not worrying about swapping out batteries

Archived