C4 Forums | Control4

Ecobee Integration

funnyfarm299

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Late to the party but if you hover the mouse over each line of "Turning the screen off ", at least Composer HE will identify the room involved.  Of course room and/or thermostat name should be displayed in line of code but it isn't.   Maybe they will add it in a future release.

It took almost a year for me to finally say I've achieved what I wanted with an ecobee driver.

Blackwire's driver has experience buttons for the temperature sensors, programming so I can put the thermostat in away/sleep when I arm the alarm, and best of all they're very responsive. A+ would buy again.

It took almost a year for me to finally say I've achieved what I wanted with an ecobee driver.

Blackwire's driver has experience buttons for the temperature sensors, programming so I can put the thermostat in away/sleep when I arm the alarm, and best of all they're very responsive. A+ would buy again.

I've done the same! What do you do when you get home? I have it set to go home but I wanted to see if there was a way to just re start with the schedule but didn't see that

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

JGLI - i told you the way to turn motion sensors on off...you need to create separate schedule for Friday night/saturday that doesn't use the sensors.  There is no way to turn them off but I think if you don't use the data from them, then you are achieving the goal?

I defer to @seth_j if it turns smart home/away on/off...Idk

I believe that the new blackwire designs driver displays this properly

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Is there a big difference between the drivers lab and blackwire drivers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msgreenf; The problem with the new comfort setting is that you can't ignore the sensor from the main thermostat.  It also doesn't help on Yom Tovs which occur randomly throughout the week.

If I wasn't using their data and the screen wasn't changing then yes, I'd be OK.

That would be great of Seth or Houselogix could incorporate those API's into the driver. In a perfect world the API would let us turn off the motion sensor for the screen as well (or at least change it to not change modes based on motion).  Turning it off is OK, but it would be better to have it showing the temp so a gentile could actually use the thermostat if needed/necessary.

Hi everyone,

After speaking with JGLI we are developing a couple complete Sabbath features into the Ecobee3 driver.

We are always here to take new feature requests for any of our drivers and or new drivers if you guys need them. Its why we are here.

Please feel free to email us at ted@thedriverslab.com

I am testing the latest version from the driverslab, it has added a lot of new features that have been requested. It's not available unit as they are still working on finalizing a few features. But very excited to have the new features. 

I'm not really following the discussion very well but there seems to be some confusion about what the motion sensor does -- and what it doesnt do. The motion sensor only determines occupancy on a 30 minute span -- and its only updated from the ecobee servers every 3 minutes or so.

I would use this to determine if someone is at home but it is not ideal for turn on and off lights instantly. You'll want to use something else for that.

Regarding scheduling. We deliberately avoid messing with any scheduling API. If you need that go to the ecobee app, website, or dingus on the wall. Most of what everyone is talking about here revolves around if not requires scheduling to be implemented on our end and we're not interested in doing that for a handful of minor features given our pricing model. 

Hope that helps.  Cheers! ?

Seth, my goal is to disable the motion sensors all together during the Jewish Sabbath and certain holidays.  Others have different needs/uses. If we can't disable to the sensors themselves I'd like to turn off Smart Home/Away so motion doesn't change things.

Thanks. 

• 4 weeks later...

I think you can turn that off in the schedule itself. Since we do not support anything with scheduling its not something you could do with our driver. Maybe others have this as part of their driver but we do not. 

Also, I would recommend you submitting directly to ecobee for them to consider having it built in to their service.

• 1 month later...

Everyone,

I just want to big a big shout-out to Liran and Ran from DriversLab, over the past 6 weeks they worked with me to workaround the issues with utilizing the Ecobee thermostats during the Jewish Sabbath.  Although it would be much easier if Ecobee could/would add a preference for this, the solutions that Liran and Ran came up make the thermostats very close to being compliant with "halacha" (Jewish Law).

I expect they'll roll out the update soon.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2017 at 11:33 AM, JGLI said:

Everyone,

I just want to big a big shout-out to Liran and Ran from DriversLab, over the past 6 weeks they worked with me to workaround the issues with utilizing the Ecobee thermostats during the Jewish Sabbath.  Although it would be much easier if Ecobee could/would add a preference for this, the solutions that Liran and Ran came up make the thermostats very close to being compliant with "halacha" (Jewish Law).

I expect they'll roll out the update soon.

Wow, thank you for the kind words. We are always happy when we can help. 

5 hours ago, Dave w said:

Sorry, I'm a bit still confused - Does the Driverslab driver allow programmatic c4 control of away/home modes in the new version or is this only available via the blackwire driver?

Hi Dave, yes the latest version has away/home modes. We have also added a number of new features in the driver. All our drivers can be found at Homeation.com

Archived