C4 Forums | Control4

IFTTT Do Button

ILoveC4

• 7 months later...

@alanchow: If I understand your driver correctly, I can use it to have my Arlo Pro security cameras trigger events in my Control4 system, right? Arlo Pro/Netgear have added IFTTT to their system.

What I'm looking for is a function that would activate a lighting scenario set in Control4 when my security cameras detect a motion outside the house, and currently Netgear's Arlo pro isn't compatible with Control4.

Would your driver make this possible?

5 hours ago, LinusBlom said:

@alanchow: If I understand your driver correctly, I can use it to have my Arlo Pro security cameras trigger events in my Control4 system, right? Arlo Pro/Netgear have added IFTTT to their system.

What I'm looking for is a function that would activate a lighting scenario set in Control4 when my security cameras detect a motion outside the house, and currently Netgear's Arlo pro isn't compatible with Control4.

Would your driver make this possible?

If Arlo can send an IFTTT trigger when the security cameras detect motion then, yes! @alanchow 's driver can enable exactly what you want in C4.

3 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

If Arlo can send an IFTTT trigger when the security cameras detect motion then, yes! @alanchow 's driver can enable exactly what you want in C4.

Sounds exactly what I'm looking for then! That also means I don't need to get those inferior security cams from that are compatible with C4 :) Arlo can send IFTTT triggers.

Final question before I have my C4 technician get this driver for me - appr how much time (hours) do you guys that are familiar with C4 programming think it should take my technician to make the Arlo IFTTT trigger to work with a preset scenario in C4, if using @alanchow's driver? Just so I know how many billable hours to expect ;)

5 minutes ago, LinusBlom said:

Sounds exactly what I'm looking for then! That also means I don't need to get those inferior security cams from that are compatible with C4 :) Arlo can send IFTTT triggers.

Final question before I have my C4 technician get this driver for me - appr how much time (hours) do you guys that are familiar with C4 programming think it should take my technician to make the Arlo IFTTT trigger to work with a preset scenario in C4, if using @alanchow's driver? Just so I know how many billable hours to expect ;)

It shouldn't take long... I've never used Arlo but have used various other IFTTT triggers.

I guess that it takes me 5 to 10 minutes to program a recipe in IFTTT and another 5 to 10 minutes to do the C4 side (assuming this is a preset scenario - macro or lighting scene etc. in C4).

It will probably take a good half hour to an hour to set the driver up (including setting up an IFTTT account and a Pushover account) if you don't have these already.

27 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

It shouldn't take long... I've never used Arlo but have used various other IFTTT triggers.

I guess that it takes me 5 to 10 minutes to program a recipe in IFTTT and another 5 to 10 minutes to do the C4 side (assuming this is a preset scenario - macro or lighting scene etc. in C4).

It will probably take a good half hour to an hour to set the driver up (including setting up an IFTTT account and a Pushover account) if you don't have these already.

Cool. Thanks a lot for you help here! Really appreciated. If this programming only should take like  a total of 1-2 hours, incl setting up the driver, then it still will be much cheaper going with the Arlo Pro vs the Linin camera, and better as well.

• 4 months later...

Where's the damn coffee maker? My wife is out of the country for a while and I need all of these buttons plus "Coffee Maker." @alanchow how does the "stuff" get in each of the first four of these buttons? I need a "Hazel" or my wife needs a raise.

6 hours ago, Elvis said:

Where's the damn coffee maker? My wife is out of the country for a while and I need all of these buttons plus "Coffee Maker." @alanchow how does the "stuff" get in each of the first four of these buttons? I need a "Hazel" or my wife needs a raise.

heh we can make a coffee maker button.  Do you have an IFTTT compatible coffee maker?

• 4 months later...

I have integrated Google Home into C4 with the IFTTT driver and its great. My question is this, how would (can I) ask my Google assistant to "check my house status"

and have it report back (to my android phone) the C4 Thermostat temperature,alarm status,door locks etc etc.?.Its both an "inbound" and an "outbound" event.

I have only done the inbound control via Pushover so far.

Any tips or point in the right direction would be great.

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.