C4 Forums | Control4

Building Management System

bdo21

I am trying to figure out how to design the heating and ventilation in our newbuild house. We had been looking at Heatmiser Neo (which integrates into Control4) but this only does the hearing.

I keep coming across building management systems which integrate these different systems. Do I need a building management system as well as Control4 and, if so, which building management systems can be used with Control4?

I looked at KNX in a different context before (window blinds) and my Control4 dealer was very wary given historical challenges integrating KNX with Control4 - is KNX easier and more reliable to integrate with Control4 for heating/ventilation?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

On 3.8.2016 at 11:50 AM, bdo21 said:

I am trying to figure out how to design the heating and ventilation in our newbuild house. We had been looking at Heatmiser Neo (which integrates into Control4) but this only does the hearing.

I keep coming across building management systems which integrate these different systems. Do I need a building management system as well as Control4 and, if so, which building management systems can be used with Control4?

I looked at KNX in a different context before (window blinds) and my Control4 dealer was very wary given historical challenges integrating KNX with Control4 - is KNX easier and more reliable to integrate with Control4 for heating/ventilation?

Thanks

Is that topic and question still an actual one where you seek an answer? - I could comment on it but only if still needed

Thanks for the reply. My question has evolved a little. I am not looking at KNX but I am still looking at integrating heating and air conditioning. I could use CoolAutomation's system and Neopads but it may be overkill for a residential installation. Alternatively, I may be able to control the AC units from Alan Chow's Daikin driver but I would need to figure out if I can use the Heatmiser thermostat for this or not. Or is there a better solution? Thanks!

49 minutes ago, bdo21 said:

Thanks for the reply. My question has evolved a little. I am not looking at KNX but I am still looking at integrating heating and air conditioning. I could use CoolAutomation's system and Neopads but it may be overkill for a residential installation. Alternatively, I may be able to control the AC units from Alan Chow's Daikin driver but I would need to figure out if I can use the Heatmiser thermostat for this or not. Or is there a better solution? Thanks!

The skyfi module is designed to sit on the same bus as the daikin thermostat.  Heatmiser will not work with daikin systems.

Thanks for the reply Alan! I don't particularly want two thermostats each room where we have both a/c and heating - one for the Heatmiser and one for the Daikin. However, it sounds like I either need to have two thermostats or go with CoolAutomation which can control both systems from their thermostats. Also, I need to find out from Daikin whether the skyfi module is available in the U.K. - I assume so but I couldn't find it on their website.

I am working with Escea to design the fire installation so your driver will be very useful!

Thanks again

2 minutes ago, bdo21 said:

Thanks for the reply Alan! I don't particularly want two thermostats each room where we have both a/c and heating - one for the Heatmiser and one for the Daikin. However, it sounds like I either need to have two thermostats or go with CoolAutomation which can control both systems from their thermostats. Also, I need to find out from Daikin whether the skyfi module is available in the U.K. - I assume so but I couldn't find it on their website.

I am working with Escea to design the fire installation so your driver will be very useful!

Thanks again

The skyfi module was designed by daikin australia. Just give daikin the part number from our install guide.

our escea driver will work with the D and AF series of fireplaces.  They may have released newer fireplaces since then that are compatible but they will need to confirm that with you.

Archived