C4 Forums | Control4

Arduino relay control

Xian

Unfortunately, this sort of request is overly vague:

* Arduinos don't have relays by default.  You would have to add relays, or a relay board to the arduino, which will map the relays to specific I/Os.

* Arduinos don't have a protocol to control them, so you'd have to have to have a sketch loaded on the Arduino that had some protocol to allow for controlling the I/Os.

* Arduinos don't have Ethernet or WiFi by default, so you would likely have to control it over serial, and/or add a Wifi or Ethernet shield.

RyanE

I want a driver which can set a digital port on the Arduino to high or low over the serial port.

So my idea are to connect an Arduino via the serial on C4, to control a relay, when there are an relay added in composer, it have to be connected to one of the 12 Arrduino  driver outputs withe the command (pinMode(x,HIGH)

2 hours ago, Xian said:

I want a driver which can set a digital port on the Arduino to high or low over the serial port.

So my idea are to connect an Arduino via the serial on C4, to control a relay, when there are an relay added in composer, it have to be connected to one of the 12 Arrduino  driver outputs withe the command (pinMode(x,HIGH)

I wrote a generic relay driver (rs232) about 7  years ago for os1.6. This is available on the official dealer forum under the driverworks section.  You can enter in whatever serial strings you want for on and off and it will fire it.  Note as a free driver it comes as is and without support.

Archived