C4 Forums | Control4

Music Barely Audible Streaming Thru HC800

FLA

When trying to stream music through my HC 800 the sound not audible unless I put the volume at 100% and then the volume is Barely audible. It does;t matter what source I try  to stream. My dealer thinks it is a matter of doing a factory reset on the matrix and setting it back up.

Any ideas

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 6:12 PM, knowitall said:

Audio volume in properties of 800 turned down in composer 

My dealer said there are no volume properties for the processor.

I've never once seen anyone with the output volume on a controller set below 100. Every time I check one it's at 100. Who is doing this and why? It's always the first and easiest thing to check but it's never been the cause.

I believe they are set default to 100 and who knows how they mysteriously turn down but it's so you can set room end points to the audio outs for selection and volume. So plug the 800 into a dumb amp and you have a zone. Rarely done I agree but comes in handy. 

4 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Well thst would be the problem if he isn't aware of them

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Johann Stroh said:

Step 1: In composer pro, double click on the hc800

Step 2: adjust audio output volume levels..

Step 3.....

Step 4: Success

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, d1amund said:

I've never once seen anyone with the output volume on a controller set below 100. Every time I check one it's at 100. Who is doing this and why? It's always the first and easiest thing to check but it's never been the cause.

1 hour ago, knowitall said:

I believe they are set default to 100 and who knows how they mysteriously turn down but it's so you can set room end points to the audio outs for selection and volume. So plug the 800 into a dumb amp and you have a zone. Rarely done I agree but comes in handy. 

Thanks you guys that's awesome. How embarrassing for my dealer. He was supposed to come by today to try and fix the volume problem along with Alarm problems and to install and fix some HD BaseT extender problems but he cancelled and will reschedule on Monday. Good thing for me because I wouldn't have seen these answers to my post.

Can he remotely set the volumes? If so I can't wait to email him the steps outlined by Johann

Thx again. I'll post how it turns out.

41 minutes ago, alanchow said:

Also note that the matrix switch has variable volume as well.

Thx much appreciated. Maybe my dealer should be spending some time on this site. 

On August 18, 2016 at 4:13 PM, msgreenf said:

Well thst would be the problem if he isn't aware of them

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

On August 18, 2016 at 5:21 PM, Johann Stroh said:

Step 1: In composer pro, double click on the hc800

Step 2: adjust audio output volume levels..

Step 3.....

Step 4: Success

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

On August 18, 2016 at 6:09 PM, d1amund said:

On August 18, 2016 at 6:51 PM, knowitall said:

On August 18, 2016 at 11:17 PM, alanchow said:

Also note that the matrix switch has variable volume as well.

On August 19, 2016 at 7:53 AM, msgreenf said:

yes, he can fix all this remote.

So the problem is not as simple as we all thought. What my dealer meant by there are no volume properties for the HC 800 was that in my case where the HC 800 does not go to an Amp but goes directly to the matrix the 800's audio volume properties are nullified. He has already tried the matrix's volume with no luck. He course of action will be to reinstall the matrix and I believe check all of the bindings? Any other ideas??

47 minutes ago, FLA said:

So the problem is not as simple as we all thought. What my dealer meant by there are no volume properties for the HC 800 was that in my case where the HC 800 does not go to an Amp but goes directly to the matrix the 800's audio volume properties are nullified. He has already tried the matrix's volume with no luck. He course of action will be to reinstall the matrix and I believe check all of the bindings? Any other ideas??

Err. Doesn't matter where the HC800 is going - the controller (ALL controllers) have their OWN setting for their output volume (at least for analogue)

They don't get 'nullified' just 'cause they're going somewhere else.

19 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Err. Doesn't matter where the HC800 is going - the controller (ALL controllers) have their OWN setting for their output volume (at least for analogue)

They don't get 'nullified' just 'cause they're going somewhere else.

So either he's blowing more smoke or could it be that I am not analogue??? This will be over soon and then I can get another dealer of have one of the guys here work on it remotely. Thx

17 hours ago, knowitall said:

lol tell him to double click on the HC800 in system design. 

The new EA series actually has the volume control in the main properties page. 

I will definitely tell him and I'm sure out of embarrassment he'll have another story for me. Thx

15 hours ago, StroTek LLC said:

On the Matrix Amp, do you have Linear Volume checked? that might be it

I'm not sure if that can be checked with Composer HE but that wouldn't matter anyway because I haven't been able to get it to load an work correctly on my laptop. I will ask my dealer to check and if thats the problem I doubt he will fess up to it. Thx 

• 1 month later...

Last night we noticed that our door station was inaudible in the house. We can hear it ring at the door station outside but nothing in the house. I doesn't matter whether or not a TV is on or not.

Is this likely because of the same reasons as above?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much to everyone on this thread. I finally got my Composer HE working and the fix was simple. I  double clicked on the HC800 and volume 1 was set at 100 and Volume 2 was at 0. I set Volume 2 at 100 and bingo all of my streaming music to the HC800 was perfectly audible and back to normal and bingo my front door station ring could be heard throughout the house again. Thanks again your help is much appreciated.

Volume 2 was at 0

DOH! (doesn't matter because it's connected to an amplifier my shiny rear end ;))

28 minutes ago, FLA said:

Just out of curiosity is there a standard of what volume 1 and volume 2 control or is it more likely dependent on the individual system and how it's wired?

1 and 2 just denote analogue output 1 and 2 - on an HC800 only the analogue outputs have volume control.

1 hour ago, Cyknight said:

DOH! (doesn't matter because it's connected to an amplifier my shiny rear end ;))

1 and 2 just denote analogue output 1 and 2 - on an HC800 only the analogue outputs have volume control.

Hahaha I know that was an amazing comment from a dealer but not surprising with what I've been through for over a year. My dealer is supposed to be hear on Friday to finally finish fixing the alarm which never totally worked along with a few C4 adjustments. One adjustment he won't have to worry about is the volume for the HC800 streaming and the volume for the door station. My intent is to use a new dealer after this Friday. I would like to use a remote dealer but I'm afraid I just don't know enough about the wiring etc. so I'm probably best off finding a dealer that can physically do the servicing. Thanks again for all of your help. I enjoy this forum and I'm sure I'll have many questions in the future. 

Archived