C4 Forums | Control4

Coming Soon - IFTTT driver adds voice recognition, geofencing, connected car, smart appliances and more

alanchow

I'm also thinking of updating my Kodi Full and Plex Full drivers to be able to launch movies via a action that includes a string variable.  This will mean that you can use Google Home to playback any movie if you have Kodi or Plex.

Would be in a situation to test this. How about a variable for next up on TV shows. Hey Google play the next walking dead episode..

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/17/2016 at 10:34 PM, alanchow said:

This driver is now released.  Have fun guys.

Hey Alan I'm on the fence between Ring Pro or Skybell HD. Skybell does support IFTTT. excuse my ignorance but any idea on features available for this through your driver? thanks ahead

These are the items that Skybell has made available through IFTTT. http://www.skybell.com/blog/skybell-hd-works-with-ifttt/

Triggers into IFTTT/Control4

1. When the SkyBell HD button is pressed
  2. When the SkyBell HD motion sensor is triggered

Actions to the doorbell from IFTTT/Control4

1. Start a live video stream and record it for 60 seconds
  2. Turn the indoor chime off
  3. Turn the indoor chime on
  4. Change the LED color to red, blue or green

Ring also seems to have similar IFTTT capabilities that they support

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/208790826-IFTTT-Do-More-With-The-Ring-Doorbell

Doorbird definitely has the most capability with SIP, a direct control4 driver available, and the ability to send a door unlock trigger from their app that can be used for a c4 zigbee doorlock if applicable. So as long as its still in the budget I would lean towards that one.

its seems like a no-brainer.. except for the simple fact its big with no finishes except white and silver. wish they made it as unobtrusive as the Ring Pro. Need the bronze finish to match exterior.

thanks for your help.

Is anyone else having issues where the websocket for push over keeps disconnecting? Mine disconnects every night, and every morning when I wake up nothing works until I open up Composer and put my PushOver credentials back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/30/2016 at 4:02 PM, alanchow said:

That is not a bad idea.  Expanding on it i will probably add in two properties into the driver.

1 - phrases to truncate (comma seperated phrases/words)

2 - change to lowercase (true / false)

This has now been implemented.

Have also improved the reconnection algorithm (i haven't experienced disconnects myself but this should force it to keep reconnecting every minute until its connected if it disconnects although previously it did try to reconnect).

Have also improved the reconnection algorithm (i haven't experienced disconnects myself but this should force it to keep reconnecting every minute until its connected if it disconnects although previously it did try to reconnect).

Can you expand on this a little please? The truncating...

Just now, ILoveC4 said:

Can you expand on this a little please? The truncating...

basically you type in comma separated words that you want the driver to remove from message or title variables.

eg

if i put in "quick ,brown , lazy " in the property

"The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" will become "The fox jumped over thedog"

take note of how the spacing effects how the driver truncates the string.

basically you type in comma separated words that you want the driver to remove from message or title variables.

eg

if i put in "quick ,brown , lazy " in the property

"The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" will become "The fox jumped over thedog"

take note of how the spacing effects how the driver truncates the string.

Thank you. I've been pounding cold medicine all day. Can you share an example of how you would use it to simplify programming the Google Home with Control4?

Like I said - I'm a little foggy today due to all the cold meds. Just trying to wrap my head around the benefit.

6 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

Thank you. I've been pounding cold medicine all day. Can you share an example of how you would use it to simplify programming the Google Home with Control4?

Like I said - I'm a little foggy today due to all the cold meds. Just trying to wrap my head around the benefit.

for removing words like

the ,bedroom ,room 

So if your recipe is "Turn on $" it'll pass through whatever $ is.  So for example you can say "Turn on master bedroom lights" or "Turn on the master lights" or "Turn on master room lights" the driver will truncate the, bedroom and room and leave you with "master lights"

1 hour ago, ILoveC4 said:

So where is this done? Is this a new field in the driver that I'll see next time I log in?

There are 4 new properties in the driver.  Once the driver has been updated you will see the properties.  Please see our driver installation guide for details.

There are 4 new properties in the driver.  Once the driver has been updated you will see the properties.  Please see our driver installation guide for details.

This is great Alan, thank you! Do you know if it is possible to do the opposite? Automatically EXCLUDE every word except certain ones?

5 hours ago, alanchow said:

Alan,

Works awesome.  This really is great.  One last feature request and I think it would be perfect.  An option to rename words would rock.  for example rename lights to light.  That way a single programming recipe will work for "turn on office lights" and "turn on office light"

11 hours ago, PapaSmurf74 said:

Alan,

Works awesome.  This really is great.  One last feature request and I think it would be perfect.  An option to rename words would rock.  for example rename lights to light.  That way a single programming recipe will work for "turn on office lights" and "turn on office light"

I'll second that. A lot of times I will say "LIGHTS" and it only sends over "LIGHT".

On 12/4/2016 at 4:11 PM, alanchow said:

Alan, so...this was working flawlessly. However, it just randomly stopped removing the word "bedroom". It still removes all the other words listed, but "bedroom" still passes through. Any ideas why that might be?

Space after bedroom

What do you mean? Should I add one or remove one? It accurately strips out every other word. I included THE and PLEASE in the message too, but it stripped them out.

And it was working perfect then just stopped...without me changing anything (at least so far as I'm consciously aware).

7 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

What do you mean? Should I add one or remove one? It accurately strips out every other word. I included THE and PLEASE in the message too, but it stripped them out.

And it was working perfect then just stopped...without me changing anything (at least so far as I'm consciously aware).

WAG: if bedroom is the last word in the phrase, it won't have a space after it?

Having issues with connecting to pushover.  I have a desktop account and added an ios trial yesterday - could that have caused the problem? Right now its flipping back and forth between "connected" and "disconnected" but its not passing any messages to control4.

Archived