C4 Forums | Control4

Needing Remote Help (See Last Post) - Need Help - Had to Switch Vizio HDMI from Input/HDMI 1 to Input/HDMI 5 - Now Have to Manually Change

I recently upgraded to a DirecTV 4K box, and was having issues with it. Turns out the Vizio TV I had only displays 4K-60hz through the HDMI/Input 5 (both of my 4K TV's were plugged into Input 1).

I made the change for my HDMi cord, but now when powering on the TV via C4, it goes to Input 1, thus I have to manually change it to Input 5 in order to see my DirecTV.

The tech who works for my dealer said he thought C4 only had 1-4 inputs, is this true? He said I may need a driver built. 

Is there a way I can make a quick change in my C4 setup to make sure it tunes to Input 5 on power up, instead of Input 1? Or, do I need a driver built to do this?

Thanks in Advance, Brian

11 minutes ago, konieczn said:

The tech who works for my dealer said he thought C4 only had 1-4 inputs, is this true?

C4? I'd love to hear how it would handle there OWN 16 input matrix switch? There's no hard limit on C4 at all - want a TV with 300 inputs - go nuts.

NOW - he may mean the DRIVER only has 4 inputs available. That's possible. An easy fix if input one is and remains empty is to see if you can learn the code for input 5 into input 1. The big question is going to be if there IS a discrete code for that input out there - may well be, but it wouldn't be a first if it wasn't.

Are you only using a single input on the TV? if so, your dealer could easily clear the IR code for input 1 and leave it empty - that way you set it to input 5 manually once and the system just turns the TV on and off - though depending on the TV you may occasionalyl have to change it after power outages etc.

Even if a new driver would need to be built - a TV driver using basic ir takes about 10 minutes - PROVIDED there are discreet codes for inputs on the factory remote, or available on-line.

Bit of a workaround may be possible with HE - should the driver have the code for HDMI 5 (and not that it may well have it even if the TV only has 4 inputs in the driver) is to in programming:

when tv turns on
if selected device is....
-send code hdmi5

Note that if there is only one input in use, you can skip the IF portion.

Nec 0f4b

COMP1                                   71

COMP2                                   72

COMP3                                   73

COMP4                                   74

WIDE                                    77

HDMI 1                                  81

HDMI 2                                  82

HDMI 3                                  83

HDMI 4                                  84

HDMI 5                                  85

HDMI 6                                  86

HDMI 7                                  87

HDMI 8                                  88

RGB                                     98

AV1                                     A1

AV2                                     A2

AV3                                     A3

AV4                                     A4

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Thank you guys for the help, Im going to pass this information along to the tech and see if he can help me out. As always, you guys came to the rescue. Now let's hope they can figure this out, as easy as it sounds (if not, I'll be back here finding someone to help me remotely). 

Would anyone that replied, or anyone reading be able to help me set this up remotely? Even if I have to pay 1/2 hours of work, or 10 minutes of work (as long as it's not outrageous). I'm tired of having to use my Vizio remote to change the input, thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, konieczn said:

Would anyone that replied, or anyone reading be able to help me set this up remotely? Even if I have to pay 1/2 hours of work, or 10 minutes of work (as long as it's not outrageous). I'm tired of having to use my Vizio remote to change the input, thanks in advance. 

seriously? i gave your dealer the answer on a silver platter...

• 6 months later...

Would anyone be able to remote in and help me for a quick 1-2 minute fix again? When my EA5 got added last night, it dropped out the trick that Eddy had put in to fix the issue. So right now, our Living Room setup is out of commission. Thanks in advance.

Archived