C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 announces Amazon Echo integration

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, drivertutorial said:

C4 might not get killed by their model, but they will never grow with it - at least not the way an open system would.

They either don't understand this or don't care.  It's all about protecting bad dealers in the system - the smart ones know the current model restricts growth.  And, if they want to restrict growth (because support can't handle it), that exposes other issues.

1 minute ago, jfh said:

It's all about protecting bad dealers in the system - the smart ones know the current model restricts growth.  And, if they want to restrict growth (because support can't handle it), that exposes other issues.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes, C4 sticks to its business model ONLY to protect bad dealers because that makes sense.

Just now, drivertutorial said:

No they stick to the model because they are scared what will happen if they change.

Companies that can't evolve die.

If I was a dealer I wouldn't worry about it, because they will evolve as well - or die.

This may be accurate. This at least contains a bit of logic, not that I agree with your opinion, per se.

8 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:
8 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:
2 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

You were saying??

youtube.png

There's no youtube videos on Control4's channel in the last 2 weeks. 

There's no tweets on Control4's account saying anything about the Echo or the smart home skill being available in the UK.

Keep on trolling.

2 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

You were saying??

youtube.png

There's no youtube videos on Control4's channel in the last 2 weeks. 

There's no tweets on Control4's account saying anything about the Echo or the smart home skill being available in the UK.

Keep on trolling.

Not Trolling Old Boy

Control tweeter Page from the 26th onwards sells Amazon Echo - Why ?

Also on mention about US only

In the ONLY tweet you linked, Control4 says not available in the UK in the comments. 

Not to mention NONE of their tweets say "This is now available in the UK". From the start, it has been US only, and that was clear to anyone who read the docs. Nothing has changed and NOTHING has advertised a change.

Keep trolling.

2 minutes ago, jfh said:

Ok, it only helps that bad dealers.

LOLOLOL

That is just as preposterous as your other comment. The method ONLY helps dealers who don't know what they're doing? Intelligent dealers don't make money off protected margins and customers? Okay... ...

I get it, you don't like their business model. Take it elsewhere, it's been discussed 329583987x on this forum.

26 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

You were saying??

youtube.png

Just checked the video and the link http://www.control4.co.uk/o/alexa

I was told about and nothing says US only - Sorry

Looks like my team are correct - Was worried for a few seconds

That's a UK web site

With the Quote -

As a Control4 homeowner with a 4Sight license, you can enjoy immediate, out-of-the-box voice control of thermostats, individual light fixtures, and smart lighting scenes

Sorry

3 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

They have advertised the amazing  echo is in the UK via YouTube , twitter etc 

they have not mentioned about it being US only .

Oh? Show me the YouTube video or Twitter Feed that Echo integration with C4 is available in the UK THIS VERY MOMENT

it is not a amazon issue in the U.K. - C4 have sever issue ( have a quote from C4 saying that)

Oh? Show it. Even then - so what? Not to mention, that one doesn't exclude the other. For all I know Amazon is not certifying the skill BECAUSE C4's servers need a firmware update. Changes nothing.

3 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

UK law on adversting is pretty strict

Sure - does that apply to FREE integration of a 3rd party service, awaiting approval of a skill by said 3rd party? Or, assuming that it's about server capability, is that false advertising?

Some people...

There's a few people on the dealer forums too that are going completely bonkers over an utter non-issue. Those complaining about C4 Alexa not being out the day Echo is released (or all of two days later) - and to my knowledge no-one from C4 claiming it would be (cannot speak for C4 EMEA though) - really need to set some priorities straight.

Go outside, breathe some fresh air. Or, if it's raining again, make yourself a nice cup of tea and a cucumber sandwich and enjoy life.

Just checked the video and the link http://www.control4.co.uk/o/alexa

I was told about and nothing says US only - Sorry

Looks like my team are correct - Was worried for a few seconds

Wonderfull. Did it say this would be available on the day of release ot he Echo/Alexa?

Immediate out of the box does NOT equal 'this very moment' - it pertains to the fact no setup by a dealer is required.

1 hour ago, jfh said:

They either don't understand this or don't care.  It's all about protecting bad dealers in the system - the smart ones know the current model restricts growth.  And, if they want to restrict growth (because support can't handle it), that exposes other issues.

Or, just maybe, the opinion on an end-user forum just can't really be used for corporate decision?

Pulling up the 'dealer or not dealer model' into every debate is getting old.

Just like any dealers' opinion could be considered biased - so could ever end-users.

Gary I believe control4 is sharing this message to UK now

At CEDIA in Dallas just a few weeks ago, we announced an integration with Amazon Alexa for Control4 homes in the U.S. Coincidentally, on the same day, Amazon announced availability for Alexa in the UK and Germany. We have been getting many questions about our support for Alexa in these countries, and we want to provide some additional information. 

Currently, our Control4 Smart Home Skill for Alexa is certified only for the U.S. In order to make the Skill available to customers in the UK and Germany, we must submit our Skill to Amazon for certification. The certification process requires that we have 4Sight web services infrastructure and servers running code for Alexa in the EMEA region, and we must also add support for UK English and German. 

We know there is a lot of excitement about voice control for the smart home from dealers and customers, and we know Alexa is an exciting addition to a Control4 Smart Home. When Amazon made this announcement, we began work to enable Alexa for Control4 homes in the UK and Germany. We ask for your patience as we prepare this new infrastructure and expanded language support with Alexa. We do not yet have a date when this new Control4 Smart Home Skill will be available, but when we have finished the certification process with Amazon, we will let you know"

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Archived