C4 Forums | Control4

Ubiquiti Cameras with C4?

macmann

I have tried dozens of Hidef cameras and find the simplest to use with their own NVR is ubiquiti.  The stuff is great especially after several firmware revisions.  Ubiquiti has the capability of having third party vendors communicate with their system.  Has anyone created a seamless driver to make this happen? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

You can 'easily' make your own camera driver using DriverWorks.
I've created one that works specifically for my own setup. Using a UVC-G3 as a 1080P camera.
To my opinion two things are important for using it within C4. The Cam UUID for creating the Snapshot view and realtime RTSP stream. I've got them both working.

• 2 months later...
On 9/28/2016 at 2:26 AM, mav3r1ck said:

Hi,

I've created one that works specifically for my own setup. Using a UVC-G3 as a 1080P camera.
To my opinion two things are important for using it within C4. The Cam UUID for creating the Snapshot view and realtime RTSP stream. I've got them both working.

mav3r1ck can you expand on this?  I like the ubiquiti stuff but want to make sure I can get one up and running

On 9/19/2016 at 9:25 AM, AMG1199 said:

I have Ubnt cameras too and would love a simple driver, in the meantime there is a work around to get streams: http://www.ambul.io/blog/2015/5/17/ubiquiti-cameras-and-control4

@cdepaola.   the method above does work as I've done it recently with the generic driver mentioned...... but I suppose learning how to create your own camera driver could benefit you in the long run if setting up other types

Driver creation isn't the issue... I just know very little about cameras, streaming/compression protocol, etc. Just not something I've ever really dug into as I've never had a need.  

Now I'm looking for a simple camera solution that has nothing to do with security and more to do with the wife wanting a way to check up on the dogs and the daughter. Really looking at just one camera to look at the kitchen and family room, don't need to record anything. 

Really the easiest would be to just get an Arlo Q and call it a day but I ,like most others here, would like to see the video get into control4.  Why? I don't know...

Foscam is good for the price.  Very inexpensive.  I have a FI8910W viewing my son's crib 24-7 and I never have to reboot it.  I can see it on all navigators.  I can only do 2 way audio with the tinycam pro app for android (great app).  The C4 TS's have resolution limitations, depending if its a T3 with an EA controller or older gen ts's.  T3 can view an H.264 rtsp stream up to 1080x720p x 15fps (30fps  not recommended) or lower while the older TS's can only view the MJPEG stream at 320x240 x 15fps.  I set my foscam to that resolution  and works perfectly across all navigators.  There has been a lot of talk of Foscams in this forum.  A few people have made a driver for it too.  Like this guy.... @msgreenf

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2016 at 2:26 AM, mav3r1ck said:

Hi,

Hi, how did you get the snapshot working?  I got the stream but never got the snapshot URL to work.   Tried to follow the instructions but when you right click on the thumbnail in the DVR, I do not get the same URL fields that they mention in the instructions.  Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

So login to your NVR and obtain the RTSP URL by clicking on the camera and expanding the RTSP service

In the snapshot UTL put the following: api/2.0/snapshot/camera/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX?force=true&apiKey=YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Where X = the part of the RTSP URL after the port number (after the forward slash) (I removed the _1 at the end of the URL)

and Y = API KEY which is obtained from clicking your user name in the top right of the NVR, settings, API Access

On 1/10/2017 at 3:26 AM, Stuart England said:

Hi,

So login to your NVR and obtain the RTSP URL by clicking on the camera and expanding the RTSP service

In the snapshot UTL put the following: api/2.0/snapshot/camera/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX?force=true&apiKey=YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Where X = the part of the RTSP URL after the port number (after the forward slash) (I removed the _1 at the end of the URL)

and Y = API KEY which is obtained from clicking your user name in the top right of the NVR, settings, API Access

No go for me... I tried and cant pass the snapshot URL test....  not sure why its tripping up.

Yes, but i do have something weird happening where i try to generate a new API code and it does but when I hit save it reverts to prior API code.   I'm wondering if I have a gremlin there...

I would create a new user and try to generate an API code for that user

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I still have been struggling to get the snapshot to work for my unifi cameras.   Video feed works perfect.   If I get into the camera directly, then a simple IP address eg http://192.168.1.1/snap.jpeg pulls a snaphot perfectly from anywhere in my network.  problem is the generic driver automatically pulls the IP from the NVR which is the correct IP needed for the RTSP feed.   The snapshot wants a URL which the driver automatically populates with the IP of the NVR.   A bit frustrating but if I will able to put two different IP addresses, one for the NVR for the video feed and one for the camera directly for the snapshot, it would work.   Any other thoughts how to work around this?

I k

6 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

You can pull the snap from the nvr. You don't need to pull from camera

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This is the approach above that i have tried several times to no avail...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.