C4 Forums | Control4

Just for fun MS surface table 1.0 running C4

cybuch

I picked up a Microsoft Surface table 1.0 on ebay and thought, hmmmm....get Vista Business off of it and install windows 8.1 and get the infrared cameras working so I can have Multi-Touch interaction.....With that, of course C4 control!  I got it all working and the wife is loving it!  Here is a really short video of it, upload is limited on this site.  I might create a youtube vid if needed, but you will get the gist.  We do use the Windows 8.1 start screen for a lot of things, but C4 is its main use.  Oh, and I still have the original Surface software running as well.  

IMG_1976.mp4

Thanks!  Originally the unit was $12k back in 2008 but found this one on eBay for $400, talked him down to $100 but had to drive to LA to pick it up (I am in Phoenix, left at 4am and got back at 4pm).  This thing weighs 198 pounds!  The tricky part was getting the infrared camera touch screen working on Windows 8.1.  All the touch functions work for 8.1 and yes, I am just running adobe air for C4, fingers crossed they will support windows after they get rid of all flash UIs.  The cool part is we still get to use it as a huge screen for windows APPs and for the surface stuff.

Archived