C4 Forums | Control4

Alexa Create trigger event--HOW???

Nehsmit

If you are using the native Control4 driver - lights, fans, thermostats, AVR volume, work automatically - no programming.

Everything else you have to install the voice scenes drivers and manually name and program scenes. 

Just now, msgreenf said:

If you are using the native Control4 driver - lights, fans, thermostats, AVR volume, work automatically - no programming.

Everything else you have to install the voice scenes drivers and manually name and program scenes. 

Thank you for the quick response.  I plan on adding the Voice Scenes driver so I can create scenes that do multiple things with a single command.  

If I create a scene and ask Alexa to turn it on, do I need to create a separate scene with a different name to be able to turn everything off with a voice command?  It's my understanding that the "turn on" or "turn off" command is out of my control and I can only control the scene name, which has me a little confused if it's only using a single scene's name.

Also, out of curiosity, do the voice commands work outside of the local network?  I know that a 4Sight license is required for the Amazon integration to work, but am I able to use the Amazon app on my smart device while being remote and still have everything work?

1 minute ago, burowyako said:

Also, out of curiosity, do the voice commands work outside of the local network?  I know that a 4Sight license is required for the Amazon integration to work, but am I able to use the Amazon app on my smart device while being remote and still have everything work?

if you have Reverb or one of the others apps then yes, it will work off net

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

if you have Reverb or one of the others apps then yes, it will work off net

I'll have to play with that as well.  Some of you guys on this forum are some serious C4 machines...and it's great!  Thanks again!

Archived