C4 Forums | Control4

Audio Streaming Issues

Nope, never got this worked out.  I just installed the free reboot driver and any time the problem shows up, I use a custom button to reboot the master controller.  Needs to be done every day or two, and then it works fine until it doesn't.  I'm currently in the process of swapping out my HC300 units for HC250s to see if getting off legacy audio and onto the advanced audio client will help at all.  

There's other changes I've made that may or may not have anything to do with a potential fix.  I recently moved my Zigbee mesh off of an HC300 and onto an HC250.  Also moved the mesh channel from 14 to 25.  If my problem goes away at some point, I'll let you know here and try to post a list of changes I made between "it wasn't working" and "it is now working".  

there is now a patch but it looks like its for ea controllers might be worth a try

Secondary Digital Audio Kills Initial Stream (2.9.0 Audio Patch)

Control4 has seen an issue where an existing digital audio stream session being run in a room is deactivated, and the controller output taken over, when a second or more audio stream is started in a different room.  The patch in this article is designed to address the issue and prevent active digital audio streams being killed by additional streams.
This patch will run on HC controllers as well.

dont know what you mean about the reboot.

but there has been some dns issues lately so changing the dns may correct your issue

What he means is a reboot fixes his problem. He can't understand how changing his DNS settings would solve an intermittent issue that is fixed by a reboot.

I'm with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it can be a dns issue which could cause some problems with is having a consistent connection to the internet

Ok...it's been my experience that DNS issues either make things WORK, or NOT WORK. But, that's just my experience which is admittedly limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my case, once my system gets into this state, it will not correct. It will stay that way for hours. If I reboot, it's fixed as soon as the controller comes up. 

Other network calls still succeed while in this state. 

So it appears DNS shouldn't be the culprit. But I'm not against giving it a shot to see. 

well keep in mind local network would not use the dns. and dns servers may only have issues for some outside ip addresses. I have not had anyone else with this issue that i have heard. 

it is possible the controller has a memory leak. so you may want to check into what resources are in use when its working and not working. a reboot would certainly clear the memory.

• 4 months later...

In my particular case, the issue was diagnosed as a problem with having an HC-250 as the director.  The Control4 employee who helped me indicated that running director on an HC-800 or any EA series controller would solve the issue.  A secondary potential solution was to replace all older controllers (anything below an HC-250) with a 250 or better so that high-res audio would work and legacy audio would be disabled.  I ended up upgrading to an EA3 as a director, and I haven't had any issues since.  Sounds like you may be experiencing a similar problem, but not in the exact same scenario I was.

Archived