C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 7” In-Wall Touch Screen In Garage

dougw246

I've got two T3 Touchscreens outside and had no problems.  While the climate is relatively warm, we go below zero (Celsius) at night in winter.  So I've probably have had them work down at -5C which is about 23F. I guess I'm operating them outside the recommended range. I had never even thought about that before this post! They work fine!

humidity would be your biggest problem - at lower temps, condensation is more likely (depending on humidity). I wouldn't recommend using them in any climate that is likely to go down to freezing temps - a bit is probably fine due to the heat the units generate, but not much.

Of course, keep in mind that any operation below recommended temps would be at your own risk, possibly voiding warranty.

18 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

humidity would be your biggest problem - at lower temps, condensation is more likely (depending on humidity). I wouldn't recommend using them in any climate that is likely to go down to freezing temps - a bit is probably fine due to the heat the units generate, but not much.

Of course, keep in mind that any operation below recommended temps would be at your own risk, possibly voiding warranty.

Good points... and my cold (below freezing) spells will be limited to 9 or 10 times a year for a couple of hours each at very low humidity!

Archived