Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AceOfSpades

4Sight Multi-Factor Auth

7 posts in this topic

I understand the value of C4 4Sight. However I need added Security as anyone that determines my login can Unlock my Door, Change/Control Cameras and View my Alarm Status. Would love to see some form of Collaboration Auth (Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Twitter or Others).

+1 This is getting to be really important... I would be on board with any type of multi factor auth (MFA)

Have your dealer setup a different than standard SSL password, don't THINK you can do this via HE? That should create a second password layer.

On top of that, you can use the Access Agent to 'lock' things like security. That's a third password layer.

Collaboration Auth

I've always considered these the weakest form myself. Though better than nothing for sure.

I would agree.  Maybe something like your current banking site apps that will allow you to use fingerprint ID for app authentication.

25 minutes ago, GT Slider said:

I would agree.  Maybe something like your current banking site apps that will allow you to use fingerprint ID for app authentication.

finger print via mobile device is not a strong mutli-factor method.

Understood, but not so much of a multi-factor method, as is to avoid anyone (kids, wife, girlfriend) with my PIN, login, etc. to pick up my phone and start playing around. 

Understood, but not so much of a multi-factor method, as is to avoid anyone (kids, wife, girlfriend) with my PIN, login, etc. to pick up my phone and start playing around. 

Agreed. Just important to know what the goals of the control are

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk