C4 Forums | Control4

Watch TV Shows via Control4

alanchow

Hi guys,

I know a lot of you already utilise my Kodi Full driver for Control4 but there are a lot of new members on here now looking for media player solutions.  Our Kodi Full driver for Control4 is one of our most popular drivers which integrates the Kodi media player with almost every feature.  It does so much but today i wanted to focus on the TV show integration as that is one thing that Control4 has been lacking for a long time.

Our Kodi Full driver will allow you to browse all the TV shows in your Kodi library.

Upon selection of the TV Show it will then bring up all seasons.  You can then find out more information about the show by selecting the View Info button or you can select a Season by clicking on the Season.  It will then bring up all episodes in that season.  If you have watched the episode it will have a tick next to the episode.  When you select an episode you can play the episode, view information about the episode or if you are half way through watching you can resume the episode.

On top of browsing all tv shows you can also browse by genre, recently added episodes or recently played episodes (my favourite option).

Lastly you can search by TV Show Title, Actor, Studio or Genre.

For more information about our Kodi Full driver check out the link below.

http://www.chowmain.co.nz/kodi-xbmc-full-driver-for-control4

Kodi%20TV%20Shows.png

I agree too. Great driver. With the release of experience buttons. We've been getting requests to link directly to areas of kodi. Alan's driver works great for linking to media. TV shows. Movies. Etc. Was wondering if there was any plans to have the driver provide dynamic menus for video addons like the other sub drivers. So we can use the buttons to link directly to specific video addons. Or if this is even possible with the current API.

8 minutes ago, wappinghigh said:

Lol CY. It's not *just* a top notch driver it is *THE* top notch driver. It's *THE * driver to have (and show off) in a Control4 setup! Be lost without it. W.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh i dunno - have you seen his KScape driver?

cool, that's good to know. i'll have to try out kodi for sure then. that said, are there any major functionality differences i should be aware of? we rely on plex for basically 100% of our home entertainment, so it's actually a big move for me :)

Thanks guys.

as mentioned Plex works better in a multi client and multi user environment where you want to start up content in one device and resume on another.

kodi however has better video and audio addons (Plex does have channels but honestly they suck).

also Plex has a server requirement whereas kodi can just read files off of any local, SMB, NFS, UPnP, etc share.

both solutions work extremely well and it comes down to the users preferences.

Thanks guys.

as mentioned Plex works better in a multi client and multi user environment where you want to start up content in one device and resume on another.

kodi however has better video and audio addons (Plex does have channels but honestly they suck).

also Plex has a server requirement whereas kodi can just read files off of any local, SMB, NFS, UPnP, etc share.

both solutions work extremely well and it comes down to the users preferences.

Alan. Can you view my post above and tell me if that is even possible in current kodi API?

24 minutes ago, malelan said:

Alan. Can you view my post above and tell me if that is even possible in current kodi API?

I don't think it's possible to jump to a specific addon's UI via API.  We can make mini apps for it so we can browse it via Control4 but as we rely on the addon creator maintaining it then we only want to do the main ones (YouTube, VEVO)

Archived