C4 Forums | Control4

Announcement file via Control4 direct

I have an announcement file currently playing via Sonos.

It is a doorbell sound. The file sits on my project/ ? where I have no idea.

it is labelled doorbell.mp3 and currently the logic is

when door bell press is released

announcement file doorbell.mp3 at volume 80 on Garage>Garage Announce Sonos

It is the only use I now have for Sonos and I want to move the playback of that file direct from C4>Matrix and out to all my matrix zones

I've been scratching around looking for that file... how do I do this? LOL!

Note that the Control4 announcement agent has a delay in playback of announcements.  As such you will not get the same speedy response as Control4.  Just wanted to warn you before you start ranting about it :)

6 minutes ago, alanchow said:

Note that the Control4 announcement agent has a delay in playback of announcements.  As such you will not get the same speedy response as Control4.  Just wanted to warn you before you start ranting about it :)

LOL. I don't rant Alan. I simply find, then test the limits and question....  any faster with your announcement driver Alan? Will that play an MP3 file like this?

2 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

It's an agent

Not a driver. Go to the agents area. If you don't see it click add. Select it from the list and add it

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

sure.. what "list"?.. I added my own.. but it wants a wav file.. My doorbell file is mp3... in any case I don't have the faintest clue where the file is... 

OK, I must have goofed.  Using Composer HE 2.8.2:  When I create an announcement in Agents, select Play Audio File(.wav), select Add, and select a valid file from the HDD, . 

I get an error message "A specified logon session does not exist.  It may already have been terminated."

And the wav file is not loaded.

Any idea what I'm doing in correctly?  Or is ComposerPro required for this?

OK, I must have goofed.  Using Composer HE 2.8.2:  When I create an announcement in Agents, select Play Audio File(.wav), select Add, and select a valid file from the HDD, . 

I get an error message "A specified logon session does not exist.  It may already have been terminated."

And the wav file is not loaded.

Any idea what I'm doing in correctly?  Or is ComposerPro required for this?

Do this and report back:

Click the Windows Start Menu on the lower left of the screen.

Type Homegroup, then click on the Homegroup setting for Control Panel

Click Change Network Location.

Click Discoverable Yes.

Right-click the wired or wireless network icon that you are using in the System Tray, then click Open Network and Sharing Center.

Verify network shows as Private network. If it isn't, set to Private.

Restart Composer. Check announcement agent.

11 hours ago, d1amund said:

Do this and report back:

Click the Windows Start Menu on the lower left of the screen.

Type Homegroup, then click on the Homegroup setting for Control Panel

Click Change Network Location.

Click Discoverable Yes.

Right-click the wired or wireless network icon that you are using in the System Tray, then click Open Network and Sharing Center.

Verify network shows as Private network. If it isn't, set to Private.

Restart Composer. Check announcement agent.

I have this same issue on one of my pc's.. your fix unfortunately didnt work for me, as ALL these options were already set that way

Composer 2.9.0, Build 525556-res

Director version: 2.9.0.528365-res  Oct  4 2016 01:20:46

Windows 10 build 14942

No VM or anything.. and its just this one PC.. we have another surface, thats setup 100% the same, and it works there

Interesting. That may be worth digging into further. The steps I posted above have successfully resolved that issue on several PCs. Have you called into Tech Support?

yep.. and they referred me to that exact KB you quoted.. I think its a bug in windows 10 on this insider build.. As long as I have another PC I can go to for the rare times I need to upload a file I guess its fine..

One day when I have a few hours, I will re-image this PC and hopefully fix it

On 10/10/2016 at 0:57 AM, alanchow said:

Alan are you suggesting a way this can be done more quickly?  We have a number of clients that have asked about this.

4 hours ago, angusm said:

Alan are you suggesting a way this can be done more quickly?  We have a number of clients that have asked about this.

You will need to use 3rd party hardware/software like Sonos or Kodi.

On 20/10/2016 at 2:12 AM, alanchow said:

You will need to use 3rd party hardware/software like Sonos or Kodi.

Ok will test using Sonos.  I did think that would also help with the volume ramp issue you get when going through the matrix.

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem and found a solution. I have a 64-bit Windows 10 surface pro. Go to "media streaming options", name your library and check "allowed".  Hope it works for you as it did for me.

media stream.JPG

Jeff are you saying this helped resolve the "A specified logon session does not exist..." issue for you?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived