C4 Forums | Control4

Looking for C4 driver for the Platinum Bridge Hunter Douglas

Ziba Ji

On 10/11/2016 at 10:50 PM, Cyknight said:

Smooth and platinum bridge don't always go hand in hand. C4 DOES have a driver - there is also an alternate driver made by TheoryAV - though, being an older device, I'm unsure they still sell it.

Do we have to pay for it? magnolia is telling us that they have to have CTL 4 churn new drivers for us at higher cost:(

For the Theory AV driver - yes it's a paid driver. The C4 one is not.

7 hours ago, Ziba Ji said:

magnolia is telling us that they have to have CTL 4 churn new drivers for us at higher cost

? C4 does NOT make drivers for payment to the best of my knowledge - nor do they take commission for drivers that I've ever heard.

Even then - I doubt there will be any new driver for the Platinum bridge as it's an EoL product as such - it's been replaced by PowerView (no not backwards compatible - why is a question for hunter douglas).

THAT bridge integrates better. C4 has a driver in the database for it - but Houselogix has a far superior driver (for FREE) that they were commissioned to do.

As for 'higher cost' the only thing I can think of is that they mean either Theory's driver - or if you actually have powerview, that they charge more for more advanced setup (the Houselogix drivers is a bit time consuming).

Archived