C4 Forums | Control4

Adding a secondary controller

Lilysdad

Question

Hello all, I have a question. I have  hc-250 in my daughters room  and a EA-1 in my rack of equipment. My question is what is the easiest way to add my EA1 to her HC-250 with out reprogramming everything. 

I also have a 4zone Control4 amp connected to her room and a 6 button keypad so she can listen to music. The amp is in my rack. Just use a balun to connect it so she doesn't play with it.

8 answers to this question

I'd like to be able to control her stuff. Like shut things down and also use the the amp for pool speakers.

the only way I can shit it off now is with a table top. But it's a pain to connect to her controller then back to mine.

I'd like to be able to control her stuff. Like shut things down and also use the the amp for pool speakers.

the only way I can shit it off now is with a table top. But it's a pain to connect to her controller then back to mine.

So you have two separate control4 systems in the same home?

The ea1 can't be a master it needs to be a slave to the 250, but you can add that as a secondary controller and second or third room (kids / rack / outside)

Then it would all operate from the same app, Sr 260 etc

5 hours ago, SMHarman said:

So you have two separate control4 systems in the same home?

The ea1 can't be a master it needs to be a slave to the 250, but you can add that as a secondary controller and second or third room (kids / rack / outside)

Then it would all operate from the same app, Sr 260 etc

Yes I have two separate systems. I understand the EA1 can't be a primary controller, it can be a secondary controller.

No I'm new at doing control4.  I work for a big control4 dealer and got a EA1 from work to learn on and train with. The HC250 I got was from a customer that just bought a home we did a few years ago and didn't want it and told me to take it or throw it away. All he wanted in his home was Sonos Amps

I did purchase a EA3 from work last week and should be here this week I hope. 

I have more training since I originally posting this so when I get my ea3 it will be my master and the Ea1 will be a secondary for my daughters room and HC250 will be my third room.

Archived