C4 Forums | Control4

Switches, dimmers, keypads

cdepaola

Just thinking it would nice if in the event a controller goes off line for any reason that keypads lights go off and switches and dimmers all change to an offline color. In times of controller issue it would make finding the switches/dimmers that control a load easier. A default setting the they revert to without communication to the controller.

More often then not my wife ends up hitting every one but the one that actually controls the load

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the idea but I'd want it to be an option per keypad...

We have 11 keypads in our master bedroom (mainly in sets of 2 so it is not quite as bad as it sounds). When the electrician first installed them (before the dealer did his thing), I could not sleep for a couple of nights as they all had green LEDs on - around 50 green lights (not 66 as they are not all 6 Button units). It was like Christmas in the room and as bright as day even with the lights off!

See in my head the keypads would all go black as they can't control a load if they aren't communicating with the controller.  Switches and dimmers would turn a default color, that you specify, so that it becomes easier to identify what will actually function while the controller is down.  

Yep, this has come up in the past and would be nice. Even if it was really just a 'default' in that keypads go black and dimmer/switches go to normal blue/black. Heck, even if it would take pushing buttons once to trigger that change that'd be alright.

Alas, 'twas not to be. I'd guess that this would require some form of processing in those devices, which in turn would, frankly, cost more money.

Archived