C4 Forums | Control4

Alarm panels - what is currently supported by Control4?

C4Newbie

I am renovating a townhouse and installing an alarm system as well as a new Control4 system.  In my other house, I have GE Concord 4 which I hate.  I believe there are other alarm panels that are fully supported by Control4 that are more current systems?  i.e. many new Alarm panels can be controlled remotely (without C4) to easily add and remove users, arm and disarm, etc.

I would really appreciate recommendations as I definitely want to integrate my new alarm system with C4, and do NOT want to use GE's Concord4.

Thanks

Curious why you hate it? We don't install them anymore as DSC is easier to get for use - but I went out of my way to get one for myself not so long ago.

Beyond that:

Concord/Superbus

IT-230 (for powerPC series DSC)

TL-280 (DSC NEO panels)

Honeywell 4232 CBM (several Vista Panels, some First Alert equivalents)

And anything from here: https://www.houselogix.com/shop/security

^ Neither.

We ARE a security install company, so not 'locked' into a single thing. The monitoring company we use just will not go outside of several brands for monitoring - their stated reasoning is that if an alarm occurs, especially a false alarm, the monitoring agents need to know how to operate the panel to properly assist the client. So they 'limit' what they allow. Not completely unfair reasoning.

To be fair they do ALL DSC, GE/Interlogix, Honeywell/First Alert, 2GIG, Alarm.com, NAPCO, HAI/Leviton and Paradox. So it's not as if they are really monopolizing.

2 hours ago, poisenoire said:

That's fair, but without going into a long discussion, we still see vestiges of a closed industry in such things as anti-takeover codes and production.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Oh I'm not talking about the industry as a whole - just referring to the company we use, and the fact that I really can't say in THIS instance that not allowing ELK is due to 'lock-ins'.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 8:02 PM, Cyknight said:

Curious why you hate it? We don't install them anymore as DSC is easier to get for use - but I went out of my way to get one for myself not so long ago.

Beyond that:

Concord/Superbus

IT-230 (for powerPC series DSC)

TL-280 (DSC NEO panels)

Honeywell 4232 CBM (several Vista Panels, some First Alert equivalents)

And anything from here: https://www.houselogix.com/shop/security

It doesn't appear that I can login directly into it and add and remove users, though my unit is probably 6-8 years old at this point.  Also, one of the parts, the Superbus I think, fails at times especially after power outages.  I've had to replace once or twice.  Just seems kind of low end.  I'd prefer something that's more updated and current I guess.  Also, not many alarm monitoring companies support it.

• 4 weeks later...

My alarm company would like to replace my Concord4 with a Honeywell Vista 128BPT system.  Is there anything I should be concerned with if I agree to this change?  Will I need to purchase a HouseLogix driver for this or is there native support within C4 at this point?  Will I gain or lose any particular functionality within Control4 by making this change? 

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

1 minute ago, C4Newbie said:

My alarm company would like to replace my Concord4 with a Honeywell Vista 128BPT system.  Is there anything I should be concerned with if I agree to this change?  Will I need to purchase a HouseLogix driver for this or is there native support within C4 at this point?  Will I gain or lose any particular functionality within Control4 by making this change? 

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

the 128 is not fully supported by Control4 new proxy and driver

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:53 AM, msgreenf said:

the 128 is not fully supported by Control4 new proxy and driver

This is what I've been told by Houselogix with respect to the 128 support.

"The HSIM will work with the128BPT panel and include the new security interface. https://www.houselogix.com/shop/hsim-dsc-honeywell-and-ademco-security-integration-module".

Archived