C4 Forums | Control4

New Sonos Endorsed Drive is out!

msgreenf

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, thegizzard said:

Yea. I get it. I was talking about the suggestion that people have Sonos all over their homes. If your home is wired you don't need a bunch of Sonos. Just a matrix.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sure. That's my set up as well.. There is no search from the C4 interface though (AFAIKT)... the services I can migrate.. but no search within the Control4 ecospace and GUI is the killer for me... 

Yep. The important question is will it just stop working or will there be some sort of announcement....ah well maybe I will start selling the Sonos now...

I think that this was an unbelievable stupid move from Sonos....

I doubt there will be an announcement. More like next firmware will break it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Look people need to make their own decisions on what is the best to do in their individual circumstances.

That's obvious.

It's good we now have the facts

I'm an enthusiast and conviction sort of guy.

Someone breaks a cool great feature.. winds back the clock? Someone breaks all that awesome "integration" into the one platform I luv (control4)

Well that's just retrograde thinking. Hate that.

So they can take a hike.... 

W

Surprised there was no email to dealers, this driver is flying under the radar so far.  I'm willing to bet dealer are still installing Sonos as we speak (and will continue for some time) sold as the previous integration and both them and the customer have no clue this will not work in that manner at some point in the future.

It still plays nicely, it used to be like 2 kids having fun on the playground, now it's the same 2 kids, and same playground, but one parent said I will only let this happen with a glass wall in between our children, and the other parent said my child won't notice any difference.

If the wall doesn't come down, the 2 won't continue to play together very long as the friendship will die regardless of what the parents might think.

Does anyone know if the new Sonos driver has shuffle feature for Spotify?

or access to apple music?

Well yes because you have to do it all in the sonos app. No more service drivers or service lookups in control4

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Guys.  I hate to say this.  But I kind of like it.  Two reasons.  

1. Its simple and clean.  While the choices are limited to favorites.  I just created favorites for my family's playlists.

2. If you are near your phone, the sonos app shows whats playing and of course you can take over from the sonos app.   My guess is this is what was intended.  It's not horrible.

99% of the time my family will choose a favorite and then walk away.  I was the only one who ever bothered searching for music on the touch panels, and I can even more easily do that from the sonos app.  I hate to go against the grain... but it really aint terrible.

Finally,

If this means I will never see another Spotify authentication screen then I am thrilled.

^ If they are now kinda directing us to use an external sonos App (ie they are forcing people now to migrate out of the C4 ecosystem)...

Why not just use the way better Spotify app and get Spotify connect endpoints?

Same for Airplay

...or any other UPnP app 

In other words, why have Sonos at all?

Because I have had Sonos for 7 years and it just keeps working. I am down to two ZP80s in the server rack matrixed to the 16 channel amp. Between SiriusXM, Pandora, and Spotify it just works. No need for any more hardware.

I do admit I bought 6 gen 2 echo dots and the epic systems driver to add voice control to the picture, but still the Sonos do the job perfectly.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, thegizzard said:

Guys.  I hate to say this.  But I kind of like it.  Two reasons.  

1. Its simple and clean.  While the choices are limited to favorites.  I just created favorites for my family's playlists.

2. If you are near your phone, the sonos app shows whats playing and of course you can take over from the sonos app.   My guess is this is what was intended.  It's not horrible.

99% of the time my family will choose a favorite and then walk away.  I was the only one who ever bothered searching for music on the touch panels, and I can even more easily do that from the sonos app.  I hate to go against the grain... but it really aint terrible.

Finally,

If this means I will never see another Spotify authentication screen then I am thrilled.

In pure philosophical, programming, aesthetic and functional terms swapping in and out of apps is HA sacrilege. 

The whole idea is to incorporate function and the user experience :) 

W

Archived