C4 Forums | Control4

Help - SR260 Remote Frozen in reset Mode?

Dave w

My SR-260 remote seems to be hung up.  It was having issues connecting to Zigbee mesh and was just showing an hourglass for long period of time.  I did a search and followed found instrictions for reset:  #, *. 1,3,4,1,3.   This caused a red spinning LED in top left of remote screen and a C4 logo on screen to appear for a while. The the red LED stopped spinning and became a Red line.  It now is hung in that mode.  I've pulled battery, and tried every other trick I could find.   I have HE, but the remote isn't connecting to controller so its not any use.  Any suggestions are appreciated.... 

13-4-13 trick is a 'factory reset', so unfortunately, your SR-260 is no longer on your Zigbee mesh.

It will require a dealer to either learn it into the mesh on-site, or a remote connection, with you pressing the '4' button when they put the system into 'Identify Mode'.

RyanE

Thanks. But the remote is jammed in reset mode.  Like its 1/2 way though resetting but won't finish.  So dealer can't learn it in and pressing the 4 button does nothing.   I need to to figure out how to get it back to a functioning device before working on the connection piece.  A picture is below.

SR260.jpg

Reboot:

Room Off, #, * 1 5 4 1 5

Reset defaults/leave mesh:

Room Off, #, * 1 3 4 1 3

Be deliberate in your button presses. I see many installers either fat finger the above, reverse the order or do it too quickly.

Failing that, it's likely time for an image swap:

Pull battery partly out, hold down Red 4 and Zero, press battery back in while holding those, wait 10 seconds. Might as well delete the driver prior while you're at it.

Thanks.  It does not respond to any of these commands nor the batter pull procedure outlined . Still stuck in same mode.  I've tried all multiple times with both patience and deliberateness.   I think its bricked. 

if it stuck, you can reset it (can take about 5 min.)

1. take on battery half way out

2. press "red 4" button and "0" same time

3. keep pressing and push battery in

4. keep pushing buttons and wait till remotes buttons start to blink (5- 10 sec.)

5. wait till the end of the process (or leave it alone for 10 min)

6. re identify  

• 2 years later...

I have the same issue with my sr260. Remote has been slow so tried to reset but now in the mode like the pic above. Is it bricked? I was running latest driver and am on 2.10.4 Any idea on how to force reset? I tried commands above but with no luck.

Archived