C4 Forums | Control4

Vizio TVs vs...

mcn

Looking for some help before I purchase a couple of TVs...

My new construction is nearing completion and I have the house prewired to accommodate C4 with four TVs and a number of rooms with speakers. I have contracted for a C4 installer to set everything up. I currently have two Vizio M-Series and am planning on purchasing two Vizio P-Series. Before purchasing the two P-Series I asked the installer if those would work fine with the C4. He responded that "Vizio sometimes doesn't have good drivers that work consistently with home automation platforms such as Control4. Samsung and Sony typically integrate the best."

I'm paying a fixed amount to set up the system (including TV integration), rather than hourly. I guess my question is, would the Vizio P-Series integrate fine, but just require more work on his end, or would the end result be less than satisfactory with the P-Series, as opposed to another brand?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

mcn

Thanks for the thoughts on Vizio. I had a Samsung that died one month past warranty. I bought my Vizios from Costco (which adds an additional year of warranty) and added on three more years with Square Trade. Still cheaper than Samsung and now covered for five years...

21 minutes ago, mcn said:

Thanks for the thoughts on Vizio. I had a Samsung that died one month past warranty. I bought my Vizios from Costco (which adds an additional year of warranty) and added on three more years with Square Trade. Still cheaper than Samsung and now covered for five years...

Square trade is worth it on Vizio, unfortunately.  

I appreciate your help and understand that you don't like Vizio but... buying from Costco + $89 (for Square Trade) would have been well worth four more years of warranty on my now defunct Samsung too.

8 minutes ago, mcn said:

I appreciate your help and understand that you don't like Vizio but... buying from Costco + $89 (for Square Trade) would have been well worth four more years of warranty on my now defunct Samsung too.

I agree with you - if you want the driver, just let me know

Archived