C4 Forums | Control4

DSC NEO Integration

ejn1

Hi all,

I've just installed a DSC NEO alarm panel and I have added the TL280 internet communicator and the C4 driver.     I followed the c4 instructions to the letter and the alarm setup seemed to go fine and then added the alarm credentials to the driver in composer HE.   For some reason, i cannot get C4 to see the alarm.   I have a clear IP address for the DSC that I can ping just fine.   Appreciate if anyone has any words of wisdom or tricks to make this driver work.

Thanks!

I've got it to work now...  The issue was I installed 2 new switches and patched together via SFP fiber and the alarm panel was on one switch and the other was on the other switch and they were not talking for some reason.   WHen i moved to same switch it worked.

It wasn't that as the Ubiquiti Edgeswitches dont share a port with the SFP port.   I haven't investigated yet as I had several gremlins appear in my C4 system when I changed switches so for the time being i switched back to my TP-Link SG2424P switch.   I really like the Ubiquiti switches so will try to learn more about their installation tweaks.   The SFP port connection was live on the Ubiquiti switches and it did enable devices onto the network across the switches but for some reason, devices that needed to communicate with each couldn't be on different switches even though they were connected.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2016 at 5:38 PM, Ivan James said:

Which model Neo are you using ejn1, the HS2064?

Yes, i have the HS2064.    Currently, i have about 11 hard wired zones so I added a DSC zone expander card to accommodate.   For some reason, the Control4 GUI does not show the zones outside of the 8 on the board itself opening and closing.   They work perfectly on the keypads and actually got pulled into C4 to show the zone labels but only the ones on zones 1-8 show opening and closing on the C4 gui.   Its the only quirk i have found so far with the C4 driver.   I tested everything known on the TL280 card and panel and it is all set up properly per DSC tech support.   Its not a big deal as the critical functionality is working great with C4 but hopefully something that will be worked out in a next driver version.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I have the new DSC TL-280e card Ver.5.01 with with a NEO PowerSeries HS2032 but just cannot link it up with my C4 system. Have programmed with the new TL-280e instructions including the updated subsections.

Anything that you did differently ? The top of my DSC driver shows Version 1.0.038 what version do you have?

Just stuck for days on Establishing Communication (this may take a few minutes) ...

Have tried all options - power cycling the alarm, rebooting my EA-3 , deleting and re-installing the driver etc.

Thanks in advance.

18 hours ago, andypaul said:

Hi I have the new DSC TL-280e card Ver.5.01 with with a NEO PowerSeries HS2032 but just cannot link it up with my C4 system. Have programmed with the new TL-280e instructions including the updated subsections.

Anything that you did differently ? The top of my DSC driver shows Version 1.0.038 what version do you have?

Just stuck for days on Establishing Communication (this may take a few minutes) ...

Have tried all options - power cycling the alarm, rebooting my EA-3 , deleting and re-installing the driver etc.

Thanks in advance.

1.0.038 is current. Have your dealer check out KB article 1432.

On 12/13/2016 at 3:26 AM, andypaul said:

Thanks in advance.

Any luck yet?  Did you set up the encrytion id and enter all of your installer and access codes into the driver?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.