C4 Forums | Control4

DSC NEO Integration

ejn1

On 4/21/2017 at 5:54 PM, Dave w said:

What I learned from my dsc dealer is that they can do it remotely over GSM or IP/TCP via DLS but dsc charges a lot for data transfers over the 10Kb quota.  It's a pretty big hit. So the dealer only wanted to update via landline or physically.  I don't have a landline, so I pulled the boards and they are updating on the bench. 

Hello.   I did the updates today and everything is working now for all of my zones.   The C4 alarm gui is showing all the zones open and close as they should so really happy with the way its working.   On the update, I did it myself.  I found a download of DLS 5 and was able to connect from my main PC with no cables via IP through the TL280 communicator.   I was able to download the firmware updates for my TL280, my control panel (HS2032) and my 3 keypads.   I wouldn't say the DLS software was intuitive but I able to figure it out eventually.    

I think the comment that your dealer has to pay for the downloads seems to be false as I was able to download with no cost whatsoever.   It was though very slow to download the firmware for my 5 devices... It took close to 3 hours to do so my guess is that any dealer is not going to want to sit around your house for that long and maybe thats why they discouraged it.  But, rest assured you can flash it completely on your own with no dealer intervention if you want to take the time to figure it out.

Thanks again Dave for the post to trigger the upgrade for me!

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2017 at 0:58 AM, Pete@tms said:

Is the 3G2080R compatible with control4 or is only the tl280 for the DSC Neo?

Believe that is just a cellular communicator so won't connect to C4.  You need the 280 or the combined unit that has cellular and internet.

Hi recently updated a HS2016 that was connected to C4 through the TL280 V4.1 board.

Regular problem I had with the V4.1 card was that when C4 got a major firmware update or the DSC driver got updated the link between C4 and DSC would crash.  Only way to re-link was to power cycle the DSC. The update seems to have fixed this issue.

Found the DLS software online. Non intuitive as mentioned in this thread. But you will find your way around. Do update the software this downloads the latest firmware packages for for the variants of DSC that you select.

Hopefully this cures the zone expander issue that I have at some sites.

On 6/21/2017 at 4:45 AM, andypaul said:

Hi recently updated a HS2016 that was connected to C4 through the TL280 V4.1 board.

Regular problem I had with the V4.1 card was that when C4 got a major firmware update or the DSC driver got updated the link between C4 and DSC would crash.  Only way to re-link was to power cycle the DSC. The update seems to have fixed this issue.

Found the DLS software online. Non intuitive as mentioned in this thread. But you will find your way around. Do update the software this downloads the latest firmware packages for for the variants of DSC that you select.

Hopefully this cures the zone expander issue that I have at some sites.

When i updated my board and TL280, it cured my expanded zone issue perfectly.

On 6/20/2017 at 6:56 PM, Pete@tms said:

The r is suppose to be for rs232 my DSC sells Rep says it will work. I have ordered to tl2803gr to replace it if I can't get it to work. Just curious is anybody is using the 3g2080r

Your dealer is telling you the 3G2080r can connect via RS232 to C4 for a DSC Neo system?

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2017 at 0:58 AM, Pete@tms said:

Is the 3G2080R compatible with control4 or is only the tl280 for the DSC Neo?

I too was told by my deal the 3G2080REUSA would work with control4. I am having a heck of a time getting this to work. It appears that I need to get the TL280 card. I have my dealer following up with DSC to make certain, but getting the exact same response you got about using the RS232 ports, but it does NOT appear to have any other connections aside from the PC link connection. Have you had any luck with yours at all?

1 hour ago, Passmoreteck said:

I too was told by my deal the 3G2080REUSA would work with control4. I am having a heck of a time getting this to work. It appears that I need to get the TL280 card. I have my dealer following up with DSC to make certain, but getting the exact same response you got about using the RS232 ports, but it does NOT appear to have any other connections aside from the PC link connection. Have you had any luck with yours at all?

Yes 3g2080re will work with control4. Have only 2 Neo's on that system but it will work

1 hour ago, Pete@tms said:

Yes 3g2080re will work with control4. Have only 2 Neo's on that system but it will work

Pete, where are you getting the driver - my control4 guy is saying it will not work. On the 2080re, it says it has 422 outputs, but not seeing that, am i missing something. 

• 8 months later...

Hi, I have just got my system set up. I have the TL280RE V5.03 and a NEO HS2128PCB board

I can get the Neo Go app to work but I cannot get C4 to connect.

I have followed the settings in the pdf to the letter but all I get is "establishing communication".

Are there any other tricks as it just doesnt seem to be polling. If I turn on debugging it says "Not ready to poll yet"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has comments on this? I have managed to get C4 to see the communicator only when the DLS software is connected to the communicator. There must be some polling or something happening when this communication happens but it never initialises correctly and looses connection when I disconnect DLS. 

Im sure its just a setting somewhere in the config. I have reset it all to default several times with no luck and I have also updated to the latest firmware of 5.21 for the TL280 and 1.31 for the panel.

Thanks

JasOr assuming you have gone through all the settings on the Neo Panel? Double check them. Have done quite a few installs and the standard procedure I follow is to install the latest C4 TL-280 driver then the Neo settings on the panel toggle the driver to IP and on the odd occasion power cycle the Alarm panel. This kicks the system in for me every time.

I remember once the electrician had wired a data cable randomly not to spec and the panel would not work. New connectors crimped to spec and boom all systems go.

Best of luck.

Andy

Thanks for your response, I tried rebooting the panel ages ago but with no luck this time it at least started to talk as per the debug log below but something must still be wrong in the config. 

Just to confirm, the installer code is the code to enter the installer section of the alarm (via * 8)  not the IP installers code which is a different code. Also the peer code is the first 8  of the 12 numbers read left to right not right to left

ie 123456789012

= 12345678 not 56789012

Server Connection Established: 207699862
Protocol Version is: 2   17
Command Queue is empty.
Command Queue is empty.
Command Queue is empty.
Command Queue is empty.
Command Queue is empty.
Couldn't dispatch message from panel...
Command Queue is empty.
Command Queue is empty.
Not ready to poll yet
Not ready to poll yet
Not ready to poll yet
Server Connection Disconnected: 207699862   ...restart...
Not ready to poll yet
Not ready to poll yet

Hi

Thanks, I have been using 8 digits as per the guide. Tried all 12 but still the same result :/

This is my properties page

In the installer info I have put :

User Code = 4 digit Master code that is used to arm and disarm

Installer Code = 4 digit code to enter installer functions under *8

Peer Key = all 12 digits from [851][422]

Own Key = 8 digits from [851][423] which is just the default 12345678

There just doesn't seem to be much else I could get wrong unless some other integration setting that shouldn't need changing is wrong although I have checked all the settings to ensure they are as per the defaults. 

Capture.PNG

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.