C4 Forums | Control4

Toggle for Advanced lighting scenes on a Keypad dimmer

tims

Hi Guys, I must be overlooking something simple. In programming a Custom lighting scene to a keypad dimmer I cant seem to get the lights to "toggle" with a single tap or a press on.... My assumption was that you create the scene then the duplicate it to a toggle then use the toggle scene on a single tap to get it to go off and on.. Apparently not.

Here is how I am doing this now:

1. set keypad button event to Lamps (which is my button name)
  2. on single tap or pressed either one
  3. activate scene living room lamps (toggle)

What am I missing here? Thanks guys!

If by duplicate you mean manually create an "off" version of the scene, no.

In essence; Create your scene with light levels and set each load to track then up top click Create Default button. That will create the (toggle) scene with loads to zero. Set your button properties in the driver or in programming for the LED color state of on or off scene. Bind the button press to the scene toggle button link...not the scene (toggle) button link. That's about it. I'm not logged into the KB but I believe 1228 gives a general example of this too.

2 hours ago, d1amund said:

If by duplicate you mean manually create an "off" version of the scene, no.

In essence; Create your scene with light levels and set each load to track then up top click Create Default button. That will create the (toggle) scene with loads to zero. Set your button properties in the driver or in programming for the LED color state of on or off scene. Bind the button press to the scene toggle button link...not the scene (toggle) button link. That's about it. I'm not logged into the KB but I believe 1228 gives a general example of this too.

Can someone screenshot where this "scene toggle button link" is? Thanks

59 minutes ago, d1amund said:

If you follow the steps I've outlined you will see it in your connections bottom portion with your advanced lighting scenes.

076dbb20af415dc6dbcba42af5420e0a.png

So that worked great! Thanks or the info. As you can likely tell I am new to C4 but that worked great. I just did the bindings as you mentioned to the connections toggle and it works great. Thanks again!

• 4 months later...

I currently have some loads on my system setup on a scheduler.  At a certain time of the day, I have the lights turn on, and then I have them turn off at a different time of the day.  To do this, I created one lighting scene to turn the lights on and another scene to turn the same lights off.  In the Scheduler under the Programming tab, I trigger the different scenes for the different times of the day.

Where I don't have any physical buttons on the house tied to either of the scenes, would it make sense to have a single scene configured with a toggle setting rather than what I currently have configured?  As long as I get the same result, I guess I'm curious what the benefit of toggling a scene is.

Thank you!

I am no expert here as I am learning but the toggle function basically does not exist for scenes other than in bindings. You would have to program like this:

if scene x is active then deactivate
stop
if scene X is inactive then activate 

This just allows you to set a scene configured how you like then allows you to call either one function or both creating the toggle via custom buttons unless your using the binding toggle

I actually didn't read any of the posts in this thread (So, I'm assuming), but a toggle scene can be used in a keypad button. The first press will activate a scene and the second press will activate a toggle scene, which can be an Off scene or any other scene. This can be done even if one of the scenes is bound to the button. No programming required. If one of the scenes is already bound to the button, create the toggle scene in the Advanced Lighting agent. Next, click on the scene that is bound to the button; in "Toggle Scene" select the scene you want to use as a toggle scene. Done!

or you can get really tricky with it.

i use three scenes in some settings that will have a on mode a off mode and a night mode

pressing the on button will get on

press the off button when lights are on will get you off

pressing the off again when the lights are off will get you a night mode

Archived