C4 Forums | Control4

Switching channels on two TVs

Thanks.  I have two TVs in my media room. One is a projector, the other is a smaller LCD. I will often watch multiple sporting events.  At times, I would like to flip what is on each TV.  This way if something interesting is happening on the LCD, I can move it to the projector.  When I am done watching I will flip them back.

from what he is asking it sounds like he will need a video matrix to do this reliably.

the only other thing is if you have a touch screen you could set up some favorite channels that you will likely be using this for.

as far as i know there is no known cable tv drivers that will allow you to get the exact channels.

you could program in a fake cable box to easily switch between the two but choices are limited

knowitall:  actually that is incorrect.  There are options that will allow you to bind blinds, motorized screen, etc., but do not have to be configured.  The Theater Display driver allows 2 video endpoints to exist in a single room.  There is nothing that would prevent them both from running at the same time from the same source.  The documentation even states to use an HDMI splitter for this purpose.

4 hours ago, GT Slider said:

knowitall:  actually that is incorrect.  There are options that will allow you to bind blinds, motorized screen, etc., but do not have to be configured.  The Theater Display driver allows 2 video endpoints to exist in a single room.  There is nothing that would prevent them both from running at the same time from the same source.  The documentation even states to use an HDMI splitter for this purpose.

Yes, but that is NOT what OP is looking to do - he wants two different sources, and FLIP which source is which. So, actually, that is correct.

And no, it doesn't allow two video endpoints to exist in a room - it allows you to swap which if two displays is 'in use', there is still only one video endpoint (the Theater Display driver)

• 8 months later...

Is there a driver, similar to the Theater Display driver that handles more than two tvs? I got access to a bunch of decent tvs and in an effort to make an awesome tv/game area for my family (kid) I am going to end up with 5 or 8 tvs on one wall depending on how i mount them.

I did it few times with custom button and macro (didn't use fake room, but nice idea), not complicated, just some work around driver for projector

By a way how do you control projector? IR, IP or RS232?

and in case you use tv, do you want to use tv's speakers or home theater?

if you still need it I can send you some explanations.

Archived