C4 Forums | Control4

control4 suddenly no longer able to turn tv on/off

All of a sudden our control4 system (iPad app) will no longer turn one of our tv's off and on.  We have to use the actual tv remote to do that. It turns on the surround sound and cable box associated with the room/tv, but never the TV.  

Have had the system for a year and this just started happening a few days ago.  The RF indicator on the tv flashes red with the remote, but still no luck in turning the tv itself on.

Appreciate any thoughts on how to troubleshoot

i came home and noticed it was hanging down from the back of the tv.  it still has wires attached ok, but maybe I am sticking it back in the wrong location?

That's what it is. If you can't find the location, turn on the tv, have someone hit room off as you move it around the bezel until it turns off. Or...provide a model of the TV and I'm sure someone can point you to the location.

That's what it is. If you can't find the location, turn on the tv, have someone hit room off as you move it around the bezel until it turns off. Or...provide a model of the TV and I'm sure someone can point you to the location.

Technically this will only work once. Then control4 will think everything is off, and won't send the power command again.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Another possibility is the controller the IR bud is hooked to has locked up.  If you have multiple controllers in a project you may not notice it affecting other devices.  Probably not in this case, but something to keep in mind.

All of a sudden our control4 system (iPad app) will no longer turn one of our tv's off and on.  We have to use the actual tv remote to do that. It turns on the surround sound and cable box associated with the room/tv, but never the TV.  

Have had the system for a year and this just started happening a few days ago.  The RF indicator on the tv flashes red with the remote, but still no luck in turning the tv itself on.

Appreciate any thoughts on how to troubleshoot

Use the actual remote to pin point the location for sticking the IR bud. You may have to turn on/off several times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived