C4 Forums | Control4

Best replacement for C4 wireless outlet

tebery

i'm having trouble getting a light on my wemo outlet to be part of an advanced lighting scene, i'm binding it to the outlet light driver, and i have other outlet light drivers in my project that are powered off the c4 outlet switches, that work without issue.

20 hours ago, etrochez said:

Leviton VRR15 Outlet. It's in the database.

And Leviton DZPA1 appliance module

And Leviton DZPD3 Lamp dimmer module

And Leviton VRPA1 Appliance module

And GE ZW1001 In-Wall Outlet

The above VRR15 is also an in-wall outlet.

20 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Above stuff is cheaper, and so far more reliable.

Sure, if you already dropped the cash on the zwave hardware to tie into c4 or $100 hub for standalone. 

Leviton dzpa1 on amazon $30

c4 Z-wave module $70

c4 USB dongle for z-wave $50

Or samsung smarthings hub $100

So $130 - $150 for one outlet or $30 for my specific use case of turning on/off a string of lights. It's worked as scheduled twice a day, every day I've had them out.

Cut me some slack for making a suggestion that wasn't your preferred product. 

Do the in wall outlets make a loud clicking noise when energized like my x-10 outlets? Don't laugh the X-10 has been a very reliable outlet for me. They turn my Christmas lights on and off inside and out for the last 10 or 15 years. I think though its time to upgrade.

2 hours ago, thecodeman said:

Sure, if you already dropped the cash on the zwave hardware to tie into c4 or $100 hub for standalone. 

Leviton dzpa1 on amazon $30

c4 Z-wave module $70

c4 USB dongle for z-wave $50

Or samsung smarthings hub $100

So $130 - $150 for one outlet or $30 for my specific use case of turning on/off a string of lights. It's worked as scheduled twice a day, every day I've had them out.

Cut me some slack for making a suggestion that wasn't your preferred product. 

I've had 3 out of 3 Wemo's fail on me, and you're forgetting to add the 3rd party driver cost to Wemo. Not to mention I picked the zwave stuff up for 20 at the time.

Cut me some slack for having a different opinion and experience than you - and add up properly.

I too have never had any wemos fail me since we first started.  Wemos are a bit easier since they utilise the existing wifi network

though if (like zigbee) you have good zwave coverage or a good zwave mesh and have the Control4 zwave module or 3rd party zwave hub then I see no problems with utilising a zwave socket.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you considered the lamp module from axxess? Kevin from blackwire can hook you up in the states, and in Canada, you can deal with your local dealer. there are a few options for it including the ability to dim your lamp with out control4 and the plus version gives you 4 extra buttons that can be programmed for anything like a keypad. The driver is certified for control4 and works on zigbee. Did I mention that it is pretty too?

Link

https://vimeo.com/90065585

http://axxind.com/automation/lamp-dimmer/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived