C4 Forums | Control4

Epic Systems has just released our driver for Google Home! If you have used our driver for Amazon Echo, you will feel right at home. It works in a very similar fashion, with some added benefits: 

-Does not require any actions from within composer in order to discover devices. Just link the Google Home to our driver once, and then after that, any new triggers or removed triggers will automatically synch with the Home in a matter of a second or two 

-Side benefit of using Google Home - it has much fewer restrictions on reserved words. I have successfully implemented trigger phrases such as "shades", "blinds", "CNN", "ESPN", several other channel names, several individual Artist names, etc. 

-Another side benefit - Google Home responds with "Sure, turning the <trigger name> On/Off", instead of just "okay". 

The driver can be purchased now on www.epic-systems.com 

I recorded a video showing how easy and quick it is to setup and program the driver (embedded on the product page for the driver). As with our Echo driver, no 4sight license is required, and no 3rd party cloud-based services are required (other than what Google Home itself needs to operate itself). As a result, it is extremely fast, and extremely reliable! 

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

9 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

price lowered to $99

is there a trial license please? It's not that $99 is a lot of money (extremely fair actually) but it would be nice to try for 48 hours just to be sure it will perform as expected?

thank you for your effort.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Christopher Spitler said:

hey @chopedogg88, i have a client that wants to use the amazon echo/dot driver to control multiple instances, but they don't want to shell out the money until they know it works. as vstar mentioned, do you have a trial license built in? 48h? 

as Ari has said many times, he offers a 7 day refund

• 5 months later...

Archived