C4 Forums | Control4

Programming toggle commands for custom buttons

tims

Hi guys, 

I am struggling to figure something out. So normal switches can be programmed to toggle under the connections tab for custom light scenes but I don't see how this can be done with custom buttons but I heard it can be done. If u look for custom buttons under connections there is no option to connect a custom button to toggle a scene. Anyone got any ideas here?   Thanks!

I will try experience buttons. I did actually custom program for the buttons but with the custome buttons u can either activate or deactivate a scene not toggle. This makes me have to create an off function for each custom button group like music, room   Etc   

So is there a sepecific experience button group recommended or is there just one thanks guys!

32 minutes ago, tims said:

I will try experience buttons. I did actually custom program for the buttons but with the custome buttons u can either activate or deactivate a scene not toggle. This makes me have to create an off function for each custom button group like music, room   Etc   

So is there a sepecific experience button group recommended or is there just one thanks guys!

there are a bunch - all work the same just different graphics. Just pick the one with the most fitting graphics for your use case

Welll...some have extra option. I'd use the RGB bulb one and only use white and off.

As for programming a toggle, there is no direct 'toggle' programming option, but you use a variable and/or if statements to accomplish it.

WHEN custom button is pressed
IF 'lighting scene' is active
	deactivate 'lighting scene'
	stop
IF 'lighting scene' is inactive
	activate 'lighting scene'

Is my preferred one as it directly depends on the state of the scene (in essence using it's tracking to act accordingly)

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, VINCELdUB said:

ff2dcc966abac2a97117f07e69810c3e.png

Wow typed 3,000 words on an iPhone. I am impressed..... ;)

Hope these point you in the right direction tims!

Happy Automating!

Yep, this is how you do it. You can also toggle between two scenes, with the scene listed at the bottom being the main scene. For example, TV Scene and TV Pause Scene. When none is selected, pressing the button will activate the TV Scene. Pressing it again will activate TV Pause.

You don't have your if Commands indented properly so everything happens regardless if the clause is met or. Not.

Drag the lines below on top of the question mark to properly nest the ifs

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So just curious. The stop command stops the 2nd command from activating actually. What I want is toggle the the light scene but it stop regardless on that command? here is what I have now 

Screenshot 2017-01-21 10.13.09.png

Take a closer look at the picture I sent you. Your alignment of the items is correct. However you need to nest the green arrows under the if statements. Drag the top green arrow into the top ? And hen drag the stop arrow into it next. Then drag the bottom green arrow into the bottom ? And that is how an if statement or "conditional" work. Now it will ask if the first statement is true. If it is it will read the items inside that statement. If it is not true it will skip to the next if statement. So the stop command will only activate if the top statement is true

Happy Automating!

You guys are great. That little suggestion was all that was missing and helped me. Just for the future and anyone else reading this just drag and drop the arrow onto the question mark or the line to see the arrow change to indent or not. thanks again guys!

Archived