C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Oppo Bluray Player Driver

alanchow

Chowmain%20Logo%20Transparent%20Medium.png

Chowmain - Oppo Bluray (ALL MODELS) 

Oppo Bluray players provide an unmatched A/V experience to home theater enthusiasts. Drawing from over a decade’s worth of experience in advanced imaging processing technology and high fidelity audio performance, the Oppo Bluray players are the ideal source to complete the ultimate home theater and sound room. 

The Chowmain Oppo Bluray driver for Control4 provides the most advanced 2 way feedback and control over your Oppo bluray player for Control4. Create the perfect automated media experience for your customer by providing automated control over projection modes, room lighting, automated audio device startup and/or video device startup and more with our easy to use solution. 

Features 

• Full two way feedback. 
  • Automatically turn on the room based on the type of disc in the player. Eg it will turn on the receiver only if it detects an audio disc however if it detects a video disc it will also turn on the TV. 
  • Automatically turn off the room when you press the physical power off button 
  • Custom defined buttons for non intuitive buttons 
  • Play, Pause, Stop feedback 
  • Disk Tray Open, Close, Empty and Loading feedback 
  • Disc Type (Bluray, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, SACD, CDDA, HDCD, VCD, SVCD, DATA) detection feedback 
  • Audio Type (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS-HD Master Audio, LPCM, MPEG
  • Audio, CD Audio) detection feedback 
  • In Home Menu & Menu Menu feedback 
  • Source Resolution feedback 
  • Output Resolution feedback 
  • Repeat (Chapter, Title, All, Off) Actions 
  • Random Actions 
  • Shuffle Actions 
  • Set HDMI output resolution Actions 
  • Set HDR Actions 
  • Set Output TV Signal Actions 
  • OSD Position Actions 
  • Time Information Display Actions 

FAQ 

What hardware will this work on? 
This driver will work for the following models. It may also work with future models. 

• BDP-83 
  • BDP-93 
  • BDP-95
  • BDP-103
  • BDP-103D 
  • BDP-105 
  • BDP-105D 
  • BDT-101CI 
  • UDP-203 

Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver? 

• Automatically start up the receiver when the user puts in an audio disc. 
  • Automatically start up the tv/projector and receiver when the user puts in a video disc. 
  • Automatically dim lights when the movie starts playing. 
  • Automatically raise the lights when the movie pauses or stops. 
  • Automatically turn the whole AV system off when the user presses the physical power off button on the unit. 
  • Program different projection modes.based on resolution feedback. 
  • Change receiver settings when different audio types is detected. 
  • Utilise the awesome built in DAC for audiophiles. Control the volume of the Oppo directly with two way feedback. 

Why do you only support OS 2.6 and above? 
OS 2.6 offers a superior security encryption algorithm and a new and improved driver format. We have decided to only utilise this new format to ensure that the integrity of this driver is not compremised and that we can provide the best dealer/user experience available. 

How do I find out more information about the driver? 
Please see the links below for more information about the driver. 

Chowmain Website

Installation Guide

How do I buy the driver? 
This driver is developed by Chowmain software & apps and is distributed and supported by Houselogix, Inc. 

Download Driver / Purchase Licence

Who do i contact for technical support? 
This driver is developed by Chowmain software & apps and is distributed and supported by Houselogix, Inc. 

Support

Do you provide trial licences? 
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 48 hour trial. This is activated once you add the driver to the project. No additional steps are necessary. 

oppo.png

30 minutes ago, knowitall said:

"Automatically dim lights when the movie starts playing"

So it can detect when all the previews and menus have been completed?

nice work as always

No.  That is something only Kaleidescape offers (As they have this person who goes through all the bluray discs and manually maps the movie including when previews end and credits start).

This driver will detect disc types and based on the disc type will automatically turn the system on (eg audio discs will only turn the audio endpoint on where video discs will turn on the video endpoint).

1 hour ago, alanchow said:

No.  That is something only Kaleidescape offers (As they have this person who goes through all the bluray discs and manually maps the movie including when previews end and credits start).

This driver will detect disc types and based on the disc type will automatically turn the system on (eg audio discs will only turn the audio endpoint on where video discs will turn on the video endpoint).

Hmm. Well, strictly speaking, this could feasibly be done fairly accurately done automatically - simply basing it on chapter length - I've played with a few media players and desktop software that could use this ability to automatically skip to the main movie.

Heck, AnyDVD has the ability to automatically remove these based on the same info.

Not saying the Oppo would have that ability, but it wouldn't require a person manually mapping everything.....

That said, great work as always Alan - now I just have to wait 'till Christmas day and see if Santa got my last minute letter...:unsure:

We have a good relationship with the local distributor of Oppo here.  There are passing on my recommendations for API improvements to Oppo so hopefully we can get even more functionality to this already awesome bluray player.

My first recommendation is aspect ratio feedback.

5 hours ago, uddinz said:

Alan

For he Oppo 203 have you mapped the long press Info button?

I have mapped all the intuitive buttons to the respected buttons and the non intuitive buttons can be mapped to various keys through the drivers properties.  There were a few long press functions in there as well.

I have a few Oppos in my system.  With the existing driver you can add Netflix and VUDU icons under Watch so if you press them the service is launched thru the Oppo (103, 105)

I want your driver with all the new function, but my wife has to have dedicated Netflix and VUDU buttons - does your driver provide this for any launchsble service?  Extra points if the icons show the proper logo (the current driver just uses a generic bluray icon.

1 hour ago, jfh said:

I have a few Oppos in my system.  With the existing driver you can add Netflix and VUDU icons under Watch so if you press them the service is launched thru the Oppo (103, 105)

I want your driver with all the new function, but my wife has to have dedicated Netflix and VUDU buttons - does your driver provide this for any launchsble service?  Extra points if the icons show the proper logo (the current driver just uses a generic bluray icon.

No we decided not to implement these mini apps as Oppo discontinued support for them.  You can still launch it programmatically though.

1 hour ago, alanchow said:

No we decided not to implement these mini apps as Oppo discontinued support for them.  You can still launch it programmatically though.

I know I can use a custom button, but my wife really wants a Netflix (or VUDU) icon she can push.  Could these be done with experience buttons?  

I know I can use a custom button, but my wife really wants a Netflix (or VUDU) icon she can push.  Could these be done with experience buttons?  

Yes, your dealer can create a custom icon within the Watch page, if you're on 2.9, via the Scenario Experience button. Once that is created, programming can be applied to that button.

The issue will be getting to the transport controls once you've activated that source.

17 minutes ago, d1amund said:

Yes, your dealer can create a custom icon within the Watch page, if you're on 2.9, via the Scenario Experience button. Once that is created, programming can be applied to that button.

Ok.

17 minutes ago, d1amund said:

The issue will be getting to the transport controls once you've activated that source.

I don't understand why.    If the programming launches Netflix on the Oppo, wouldn't the transport controls be those of the Oppo?  (My remote works just as if I had selected the Oppo device, not the experience button that programmatically launches something on the Oppo)

I don't understand why.    If the programming launches Netflix on the Oppo, wouldn't the transport controls be those of the Oppo?  (My remote works just as if I had selected the Oppo device, not the experience button that programmatically launches something on the Oppo)

Because with the Scenario Experience button you aren't operating within the Oppo driver at that point. If you're using android-based navigators or the C4 app as of right now there is no way to page jump (some refer to it as page flip) to the transport controls page of the Oppo. What your wife would basically have is fancy icon that would presumably activate Netflix if programming was correct...but no way to control it. The custom button option works because you are issuing that while within the Oppo controls page.

8 minutes ago, d1amund said:

Because with the Scenario Experience button you aren't operating within the Oppo driver at that point. If you're using android-based navigators or the C4 app as of right now there is no way to page jump (some refer to it as page flip) to the transport controls page of the Oppo. What your wife would basically have is fancy icon that would presumably activate Netflix if programming was correct...but no way to control it. The custom button option works because you are issuing that while within the Oppo controls page.

Ah, got it.  Thanks.   I understand the issue with a Navigator and page jump.

But would the same problem exist with a remote?  Once the programming selects Netflix as the source, wouldn't the SR-260 be doing Oppo/Netflix control?  If she can push a button with the Netflix logo on the nav and then use the remote, it's all good ...

(it sure would be nice to have a page jump programming option though)

Ah, got it.  Thanks.   I understand the issue with a Navigator and page jump.

But would the same problem exist with a remote?  Once the programming selects Netflix as the source, wouldn't the SR-260 be doing Oppo/Netflix control?  If she can push a button with the Netflix logo on the nav and then use the remote, it's all good ...

(it sure would be nice to have a page jump programming option though)

You can do it with programming

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, bbassinger said:

Hello Alan, I got a new 203 and have purchased your driver. The long press of info doesn't seem to be working for me. Any ideas? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You cannot do long presses for certain buttons on Control4.  You will need to map the function to another button.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.