C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Oppo Bluray Player Driver

alanchow

You cannot do long presses for certain buttons on Control4.  You will need to map the function to another button.

I was going to setup a timer to execute the long hold "info" command under the info key, but like the poster above, the actual command does not appear to be in your driver. I tried doing some of the automatic resolution changes through commands as well but could get them to work. I will play around with them some more.

1 hour ago, StroTek LLC said:

it will if you have the houselogix auto update driver installed as well

Although this is true for the main driver.  The mini drivers will still need to be installed manually though.

In my initial testing with the mini-drivers on a BDP-103 and 105 there seems to be a timing issue in launching the application.

If the Oppo is off, pushing a mini-driver icon will only get you to the main menu screen.

if the Oppo is already on, the result is launch directly as expected.

Perhsps there needs to be a delay in sending the launch command if made when the Oppo is off?  Perhaps set in the properties page?

20 minutes ago, jfh said:

In my initial testing with the mini-drivers on a BDP-103 and 105 there seems to be a timing issue in launching the application.

If the Oppo is off, pushing a mini-driver icon will only get you to the main menu screen.

Perhsps there needs to be a delay in sending the launch command if made when the Oppo is off?  Perhaps set in the properties page?

I'll have a look into it.

On 07/01/2017 at 6:43 AM, jfh said:

Can you get me a copy of the driver's debug logs capturing this problem..  I don't have access to a BDP-10X player so can't test this out.

• 9 months later...

Ive got one question. Is it possible to use the output resolution or HDR action to change the picture mode of my Sony projector? For example: if the oppo detects a UHD with HDR the Sony switches to a special HDR setting and if a blu ray is inserted the Sony goes automatically back.

1 hour ago, perio said:

Ive got one question. Is it possible to use the output resolution or HDR action to change the picture mode of my Sony projector? For example: if the oppo detects a UHD with HDR the Sony switches to a special HDR setting and if a blu ray is inserted the Sony goes automatically back.

Yes we have events that fire when it detects a bluray disc.  We also have events that fire when UHD resolutions are detected (there are several different UHD events based on different Hz)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Alan. 

I have just put in an Oppo 203 4K and I gather your driver works a treat with this player.

I have put in the Oppo as much not only for the 4K but to use it's HDMI inputs to carry ARC/APTV and Dual HDMI outputs (one for audio) -The new Apple4K ATV doesn't have separate digital audio out as you know) I have a very long HDMI run from my receiver to the 4KTV like 15 m beyond the tech specs of carrying a 4KUHD signal. So the Oppo is near the TV feeding awesome 4K video and outputting ARC from the TV Audio, Audio  from the AppleTV and Audio from bluray returning to the receiver down a HDMI balun.... but i clearly need to be able to select the source via the Oppo...

So my specific questions are does your driver support discrete inputs on that HDMI source input? I want to use all three Bluray/HDMI/ARC. On the IR remote there is only one button that cycles the inputs.....

Does it support mapping of the HDR button?

Does it support mapping of the Zoom button?

Thanks so much Alan! 

W

18 hours ago, wappinghigh said:

Hey Alan. 

I have just put in an Oppo 203 4K and I gather your driver works a treat with this player.

I have put in the Oppo as much not only for the 4K but to use it's HDMI inputs to carry ARC/APTV and Dual HDMI outputs (one for audio) -The new Apple4K ATV doesn't have separate digital audio out as you know) I have a very long HDMI run from my receiver to the 4KTV like 15 m beyond the tech specs of carrying a 4KUHD signal. So the Oppo is near the TV feeding awesome 4K video and outputting ARC from the TV Audio, Audio  from the AppleTV and Audio from bluray returning to the receiver down a HDMI balun.... but i clearly need to be able to select the source via the Oppo...

So my specific questions are does your driver support discrete inputs on that HDMI source input? I want to use all three Bluray/HDMI/ARC. On the IR remote there is only one button that cycles the inputs.....

Does it support mapping of the HDR button?

Does it support mapping of the Zoom button?

Thanks so much Alan! 

W

Hi Alex,

Yes the driver supports mapping of the HDR and Zoom button to non intuitive buttons on the remote.

The driver supports discrete switching between the following inputs

• BLURAY
  • HDMI/MHL Front
  • HDMI IN BACK
  • BLURAY
  • USB AUDIO IN
  • OPTICAL IN
  • COAXIAL IN
  • ARC ON HDMI OUT1
  • ARC ON HDMI OUT2

You just need to bind the devices onto the correct binding and the driver will do the rest.  Having said that i would not use ARC in general.  Purely because Control4 does not have a concept of how to route ARC.

5 hours ago, alanchow said:

Hi Alex,

Yes the driver supports mapping of the HDR and Zoom button to non intuitive buttons on the remote.

The driver supports discrete switching between the following inputs

• BLURAY
  • HDMI/MHL Front
  • HDMI IN BACK
  • BLURAY
  • USB AUDIO IN
  • OPTICAL IN
  • COAXIAL IN
  • ARC ON HDMI OUT1
  • ARC ON HDMI OUT2

You just need to bind the devices onto the correct binding and the driver will do the rest.  Having said that i would not use ARC in general.  Purely because Control4 does not have a concept of how to route ARC.

I need to use ARC because run out of cat5/6 options to get digital audio back from TV (playing TV channels direct and apps on TV). The Oppo sitting in cupboard back behind TV can pick up ARC and route it onto amp (15 meters away in Rack in garage to decrease fan noise etc) via second HDMI (audio only) out. This is working well and along with the HDMI *in*, and a fantastic IR receiver that picks up IR bounced off walls ...(seriously guys you should check this out on the Oppo its awesome)...   is one of the most underrated uses of the Oppo... 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.