C4 Forums | Control4

Amcrest Driver Relased

msgreenf

Greenfield Solutions is proud to release our first driver for Amcrest Cameras

https://www.houselogix.com/shop/amcrest-camera-pack

This is a driver pack to integrate Amcrest cameras with control4.  The driver pack includes 2 version of the driver, one for PTZ cameras and one for fixed cameras.

The driver supports motion detection, if enabled on the camera, to trigger events on the Control4 system.

o Support for MJPEG and H.264 video feeds
o Supports Basic authentication
o Loads basic driver meta data into control4 Composer Pro
o Allows automated reboots of the camera
o Home is set to preset1
o Supports jumping to 6 presets
o Supports motion detection events if enabled on the camera
o allows you to configure the camera as a motion sensor

For Optimal video performance we now recommend:

. Under the main stream configure the following

a. Code-stream Type: General
b. Encoding Mode: H.264B
c. Resolution: 720P
d. Frame Rate: 10
e. Bit Rate: VBR
f. Set a watermark if you would like to

. Enable the sub stream and configure it for MJPEG

b. Encoding Mode: MJPEG
c. Resolution: VGA
e. Bit Rate Control: CBR
f. Bit Rate: 1280

Great driver msgreenf. 

I'm using the PTZ driver and find it to be very reliable and fast. Works great with my Amcrest IP2M-841 cameras. I have six of these throughout the house. The frame grab loads really fast on the grid view and the streaming views work really well.  All the PTZ features are great and you can tune the speed of the pan, tilt and zoom giving you nice fine control over camera movements. 

Well done!

Great driver msgreenf. 

I'm using the PTZ driver and find it to be very reliable and fast. Works great with my Amcrest IP2M-841 cameras. I have six of these throughout the house. The frame grab loads really fast on the grid view and the streaming views work really well.  All the PTZ features are great and you can tune the speed of the pan, tilt and zoom giving you nice fine control over camera movements. 

Well done!

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, cdepaola said:

Would it be possible to get an Action to enable or disable the motion detection?  Would be nice to be able to tie this in with home/away programming..

you know! I was planning on adding that :)  I was thinking the same thing last week.  

Give me a few days - maybe this upcoming weekend it will be added

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Based on Feedback from @thegizzard we have adjusted our recommended picture quality settings to improve performance on C4 Touchscreens:

4. Under the main stream configure the following

b. Encoding Mode: H.264B
c. Resolution: 720P
e. Bit Rate: VBR
f. Set a watermark if you would like to

5. Enable the sub stream and configure it for MJPEG

b. Encoding Mode: MJPEG
c. Resolution: VGA

e. Bit Rate Control: CBR

f. Bit Rate: 1280

Is there a way to integrate the amcrest dvr with associated cameras?  Will the driver integrate through the dvr or is this for stand alone ip cameras?

Amcrest Eco-Series 1080P HD Over Analog (HDCVI) 16CH Video Security System w/ Eight 2.0 MP Weatherproof IP67 Bullet Cameras, IR LED Night Vision, Long Distance Transmit Range, Pre-Installed 2TB HD

7 minutes ago, wazzajohno said:

Is there a way to integrate the amcrest dvr with associated cameras?  Will the driver integrate through the dvr or is this for stand alone ip cameras?

Amcrest Eco-Series 1080P HD Over Analog (HDCVI) 16CH Video Security System w/ Eight 2.0 MP Weatherproof IP67 Bullet Cameras, IR LED Night Vision, Long Distance Transmit Range, Pre-Installed 2TB HD

You can either integrate at the camera or NVR level.  I have  drivers available for both - https://www.houselogix.com/shop/greenfield-solutions

2 minutes ago, wazzajohno said:

To be clear, can I use the Amcrest Analog HDCVI Cameras, and  the drivers can integrate with the  DVR to bring the video feed into C4?

My understanding from Amcrest is that my Amcrest NVR driver will work with all models of Amcrest NVR/DVR that have network connections.  But I do offer a 48hr trial where you would be able to confirm this before purchasing the driver.  I can't promise it 100% as I haven't tested on an analog system.  But in this case, you are correct i thinking that the NVR would be the integration point with control4. This is the version that **should** work - https://www.houselogix.com/shop/amcrest-dahua-nvr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.