C4 Forums | Control4

Amcrest Driver Relased

msgreenf

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

Big update inbound for this driver!

More optimizations around motion detection to make sure it's even more reliable

Ability to contact me for support right from the driver!  (without a dealer)

Debug printout to send me more detailed logs when something doesn't work

Ability to enable and disable recording of video and snapshot on the camera via programming actions

(And one more secret feature that i'm working on with @Joshua Pressnell)

On 6/10/2017 at 3:58 PM, msgreenf said:

Big update inbound for this driver!

More optimizations around motion detection to make sure it's even more reliable

Ability to contact me for support right from the driver!  (without a dealer)

Debug printout to send me more detailed logs when something doesn't work

Ability to enable and disable recording of video and snapshot on the camera via programming actions

(And one more secret feature that i'm working on with @Joshua Pressnell)

Awesome!  When will it be GA?

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at their IP3M-956E and adding a  IP3M-956.

Can't seem to find a NVR from them that is compatible with both WIFI and POE?

Should I look at Amcrest for recording, or should I look to another brand and configuration?

Not sure, with the cameras listed above, what would be best.

Any help you can provide will be GREATLY appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My C4 installer recently set up a new C4 system for me and was able to get both of my Amcrest cameras - hooked up through the 4108E NVR - to show up on C4. After installation, I installed 2 additional cameras via the NVR (bringing the total to 4), but I can't get them to show up on C4. My C4 system only shows the 2 original cameras. Is there some sort of reset that needs to be done to get the other 2 cameras to show up?

Also, I wanted to confirm (i) the thumbnails on C4 do not work with Amcrest cameras - you have to click thru to the individual camera to see the video feed and (ii) there's no setting to keep the video feed from timing out (TV screen goes blank after about a minute).

Thank you!

7 hours ago, pshrop said:

My C4 installer recently set up a new C4 system for me and was able to get both of my Amcrest cameras - hooked up through the 4108E NVR - to show up on C4. After installation, I installed 2 additional cameras via the NVR (bringing the total to 4), but I can't get them to show up on C4. My C4 system only shows the 2 original cameras. Is there some sort of reset that needs to be done to get the other 2 cameras to show up?

Also, I wanted to confirm (i) the thumbnails on C4 do not work with Amcrest cameras - you have to click thru to the individual camera to see the video feed and (ii) there's no setting to keep the video feed from timing out (TV screen goes blank after about a minute).

Thank you!

Hi Patrick,

I have emailed you back to help you with your support query.

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, thegizzard said:

I am trying to get events programming working for the first time after having this driver installed for a while.  Is anyone having success with motion detection triggered events?

depending on your camera firmware that may be broken, I am working on a fix. I know the problem but unfortunately coding the fix isn't as easy as I would like...

On 5/9/2018 at 1:42 PM, msgreenf said:

depending on your camera firmware that may be broken, I am working on a fix. I know the problem but unfortunately coding the fix isn't as easy as I would like...

Hey Mitch,

Just sent you a message then saw this response. So disregard the PM, looking forward to the fix. 

32 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

actually yes, but It won't be release until after memorial day. Sorry, I am heading out on vacation today until Memorial Day

Awesome, and I just finished running an extra cat into the rack for the relay output of the camera for motion lol. Better to have more wire in places than not enough so it is all good. The camera I am testing out has 4 separate regions in the motion detection area. Any chance that there is anything in their API that you would be able to pull which region was tripped? That would probably be useful to fire presets on the camera if it was a ptz or you could turn on different exterior lights based on area and would be great for a future update down the road if amcrest supports it.

45 minutes ago, sonic30101 said:

Awesome, and I just finished running an extra cat into the rack for the relay output of the camera for motion lol. Better to have more wire in places than not enough so it is all good. The camera I am testing out has 4 separate regions in the motion detection area. Any chance that there is anything in their API that you would be able to pull which region was tripped? That would probably be useful to fire presets on the camera if it was a ptz or you could turn on different exterior lights based on area and would be great for a future update down the road if amcrest supports it.

great question. I have to research the API. I don't know off the top of my head. but again, that will be a post memorial day thing to look at. Give you an update after that.

48 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

great question. I have to research the API. I don't know off the top of my head. but again, that will be a post memorial day thing to look at. Give you an update after that.

No rush, just throwing that out there not knowing if amcrest even has that feature for each region discretely

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.