C4 Forums | Control4

Amcrest Driver Relased

msgreenf

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/21/2017 at 8:08 AM, msgreenf said:

Based on Feedback from @thegizzard we have adjusted our recommended picture quality settings to improve performance on C4 Touchscreens:

4. Under the main stream configure the following

a. Code-stream Type: General
b. Encoding Mode: H.264B
c. Resolution: 720P
d. Frame Rate: 10
e. Bit Rate: VBR
f. Set a watermark if you would like to

5. Enable the sub stream and configure it for MJPEG

a. Code-stream Type: General
b. Encoding Mode: MJPEG
c. Resolution: VGA
d. Frame Rate: 10

e. Bit Rate Control: CBR

f. Bit Rate: 1280

How much is the driver for this?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As of now it seems unlikely it will be fixed. I can't get Auth working properly on the new firmware. I even tried to hire someone to fix it to no avail.

Hi-  very interested in driver, but the ability to enable/disable motion sensor via C4 when I’m away/home is crucial. Any update on this functionality?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I had used the recommended picture quality above, the miniature images of the cams are perfect, but once I go in for each cam, it says 3 second afterwards the picture is deteriorated with pixilization and sometimes a white screen? What is the recommended setup in this case?

8 hours ago, Amr said:

I had used the recommended picture quality above, the miniature images of the cams are perfect, but once I go in for each cam, it says 3 second afterwards the picture is deteriorated with pixilization and sometimes a white screen? What is the recommended setup in this case?

Where are you viewing the image?  What device?  Is that remote or local?  

• 2 months later...

@msgreenf I have several IP8M-2493EW cameras, and both my dealer and I are having trouble getting the driver to work with them, any ideas on settings that might work?

The settings you have listed in the driver / in the thread are not even options for this camera.... 

The snapshot feature seems to work from time to time, but if i switch to video the navigator crashes. 

also in the diver the snapshot test succeeds but both other test fail. 

Should I try pointing the driver at the NVR instead of the camera? 

Do you want me to send you a camera to play with? Ill pay for return shipping as well.

Let me know, EK 

13 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Control4 can't handle 4k video - it is crashing the navigator. You need to set the substreams + snapshot at a lower resolution.

I am happy to remote in and check it out

Remote into the cameras, the NVR, or composer? want me to send some screen shots of the resolutions options in have for the substeams? 

Am on 2.0.9, I have a consistent issue with the NVR driver its always invalid, whenever rebooting controller or doing a massive cleanups it gives me invalid and I have to go through each cam.

I’dont have the same with the Fixed driver, stable and never gives any issue? Is there anything I need to do to have this issue fixed?

52 minutes ago, Amr said:

Am on 2.0.9, I have a consistent issue with the NVR driver its always invalid, whenever rebooting controller or doing a massive cleanups it gives me invalid and I have to go through each cam.

I’dont have the same with the Fixed driver, stable and never gives any issue? Is there anything I need to do to have this issue fixed?

what is a massive cleanup?  What do you mean by that?

Am upgrading my system piece by piece, audio, HDbaseT matrix, etc. and this have a lot of reprograming.  I found each time I do a controller reboot the Driver becomes invalid for the NVR, nothing happened to the fixed cams driver ...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.