C4 Forums | Control4

Kodi Full Driver - some remote buttons not working correctly

elee532

I used Watch > Kodi Settings to set the following:

1. Custom Button 1 - CONTEXT_MENU - Nothing happens when I press this button
  2. Red Button - JUMP_TO_HOME - works fine
  3. Green Button - FULLSCREEN_TOGGLE - Works fine
  4. Yellow Button - JUMP_TO_SETTINGS - Works fine
  5. Guide Button - JUMP_TO_MUSIC_LIBRARY - Nothing happens when I press this button
  6. Hash Button - CONTEXT_MENU - Nothing happens when I press this button
  7. Prev Button - BACK - Works fine
  8. Cancel Button - PREVIOUS_MENU - Works fine

Any idea why these buttons are not working? I'm using Kodi Krypton with Aeon Madnox as the skin. I do have Composer HE installed in case I need to program anything to make these buttons work.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 4:23 PM, alanchow said:

You can also set the same settings up using Composer Home Edition under the driver's properties.  Note that certain buttons will only work in certain menus (eg context).

I tried configuring via Composer HE. I tried configuring multiple buttons on the remote to bring up the context menu. I tried different Kodi skin. I tried different Kodi versions. Still can't get the context menu to come up. Any other suggestions? It's really limiting my use of the Control4. Thanks!

5 hours ago, elee532 said:

I tried configuring via Composer HE. I tried configuring multiple buttons on the remote to bring up the context menu. I tried different Kodi skin. I tried different Kodi versions. Still can't get the context menu to come up. Any other suggestions? It's really limiting my use of the Control4. Thanks!

This definitely works.  The context menu only comes works on certain parts of kodi.  Mainly in spots where you can delete files or manage locations.

• 2 weeks later...

When I choose a song in the music library and select Custom Button 1 (context menu) I am expecting to get a list of option including Queue Item, Play, Add to Favorites, etc. However, nothing happens. I have tried both the physical remote and the iPad app. I did a completely fresh install of Windows and Kodi. Pressing the "C" button on my keyboard does bring up the context menu as expected. Why isn't this working? What can I do?

If you browse movies, music, ect via Control4's navigator dos that work?  If not then you have not setup the JSON RPC server which is done by enabling the 'allow 3rd party programs to control kodi' setting.

this setting controls everything in the driver apart from transport buttons.

Custom Button 1.... i just realised you said remote and iPad app.  There is no custom 1 2 3 on iPad's.  They are only available on the SR-260 remote as the dot, dot dot and dot dot dot dot buttons.

Just want to make sure you are using the right buttons for it.

If you arn't then you can map it to something else (eg on my sr-250's i just use the Guide button since i don't have PVR on Kodi).

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/02/2017 at 11:17 PM, Jas0r said:

Is there any way to make the context menu be the menu button on the remote as I cannot seem to see what the menu button does by default?

No.  The menu button is set to the menu functionality for Kodi which does various menu type functions depending on what type of content you are currently watching/listening to.

You can map the context menu to non intuitive buttons though like the coloured buttons, . .. ... buttons, star/hash buttons, etc.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:22 PM, alanchow said:

Custom Button 1.... i just realised you said remote and iPad app.  There is no custom 1 2 3 on iPad's.  They are only available on the SR-260 remote as the dot, dot dot and dot dot dot dot buttons.

Just want to make sure you are using the right buttons for it.

If you arn't then you can map it to something else (eg on my sr-250's i just use the Guide button since i don't have PVR on Kodi).

Sorry for the delayed response!

So, I mapped "Custom 1 Button" and "Red Button" both to CONTEXT_MENU. Then I did the following:

From the SR-260

1. Watch
  2. Kodi Control
  3. Using the direction buttons, I navigated to Music
  4. Artists
  5. Choose an artist
  6. Choose an album
  7. Choose a song
  8. With a song selected, I tried both the Custom 1 Button and the Red button, but neither brings up the Kodi Context menu

From the iPad

1. Listen
  2. Kodi Control
  3. Using the direction button pad, I navigated to Music
  4. Artists
  5. Choose an artist
  6. Choose an album
  7. Choose a song
  8. With a song selected, I press the Red button - nothing happens

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:10 PM, Cyknight said:
On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:35 PM, alanchow said:

Definately works.  its one of the major functions that everyone uses.  The setting that effects that mapping is the allow 3rd party programs to control Kodi setting.

Here's a video of the button mapping working that i just took.

http://sendvid.com/h07tex62

Thanks for confirming that it should work! Can you offer any suggestions as to why it won't work? I'm so frustrated, and just not sure what to do. Thanks!

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:13 AM, alanchow said:

The only thing that can cause problems with that button is if you do not have the  'allow programs on other systems to control kodi' option enabled.

Is this set correctly?

WP_20170312_17_31_17_Rich.jpg

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I will try installing Kodi on my laptop this weekend and see what happens.

Also, FYI, I did do a complete reformat of my HTPC and reinstalled Kodi a few weeks ago. I was hoping a fresh start might solve the problem, but it didn't.

• 10 months later...

Hi @alanchow. Sorry to revive this old thread, but I am still unable to get the Context Menu to work. I just switched from running Kodi on a Windows PC to running Kodi on the Nvidia Shield. So, that means i have now tried on two different PCs plus Shield, and I just can’t get the Context Menu to come up. That prevents me from doing things like adding songs to the queue. 

Do you have any other advice?

Archived