C4 Forums | Control4

Error with communication with Philips Hue Bridge

Hi, since yesterday i'm trying to get my Philips Hue Bridge connected to my Control4 HC-250 (OS2.9.0). Have tried everything i could, but still no luck. My Hue app is working and my lights are controllable. I added the hue bridge driver and entered the ip adres of my hue bridge, but i get the following message: "Error with communicitaion and/or link". 

First i was on 2.9.0 and used the driver "Hue Bridge (OS2.9+). Because that didn't work i factory reset my controller and upgraded to 2.8.2 and use the driver "Hue Bridge (OS2.8.x), but got the same error massages. Also linking the bridge as discribed in the documentation didn't get me any further. How hard can it be....

After entering the ip adres of the bridge i should get something like:  bridge is found but not linked but all i get is this error message. I haven't got a clue. See the attached file for a screenshot. Ofcourse the mac adress normally is complete

What can i do to solve this problem?Schermafbeelding 2016-12-24 om 12.37.19.png

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

Just purchased a color hue bulb and a V2 bridge. I have HC250 and HC200. Trying to connect to bridge on C4 2.91 but no luck. Having same issue as OP. Tried rebooting and on latest app and software for the bridge.

Philips App controls light fine.

EDIT: Got it to work after rebooting 5 times lol :)

Thanks,
K.

Rebooting the hue hub or the rest of your network?  Hue lighting is becoming more reasonable, at least for the white bulbs as they are now selling for about $12.  Not as good as having C4 switches/dimmers but a lot cheaper.

Archived