C4 Forums | Control4

Philips Smart LED light bulbs

drmark12pa

I'm considering adding some Philips BR30 RGB bulbs into my bedroom but am wondering how this system may integrate with Control4 possibly since it's a Zigbee product.  I would like to be able to control the color scheme with Control4 if possible.  I'm not as concerned about power on/off as I have a Control4 dimmer switch for the power currently supplying the can light as it is now.  Does anyone have any info/experience/recommendations for this new smart bulb?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/philips-hue-br-30-smart-led-light-bulb-multicolor/4373900.p?skuId=4373900

4373900_sa.jpg

40 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

We use normal Phillip Hue light bulbs, strips and Lamps.

C4 as drivers for all these and very easy to use.

We have set custom buttons for different colours and also works well with Alexa

Is there a version of Philips Hue bulbs that have RGB other than their Smart version?  I would like to be able to control the color changing with C4 and not my phone.

You can control Colour changes within C4, we have lights strips go blue after 7pm in Kitchen and Light bulbs go Purple etc.

We also have custom buttons set up with out favourite scenes.  

They are very easy to programme and pick colours

Sounds like a Virgin Atlantic aircraft mood lighting.

The other brand I've found is the Sylvania equivalent.... Anyone have experience with C4 integration with these?  I like the idea of the can and bulb already built together as it would save quite a bit of money in the purchase not having to purchased both the fixture and the bulb.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0196M601A/ref=abs_brd_tag_dp?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

712Rk433qQL__SL1500_.jpg

1 minute ago, Matt Lowe said:

there is also a new RGB experience button that can be used that shows a GUI icon of the light and the current color that is selected. I use it as well as some custom programming to keep my hue in line with tvs holidays parties and such

Where is the RGB experience button located?  Is that on any touchscreen or PC interface (ie MyHome)?

Archived