C4 Forums | Control4

MULTIPLE ZONE VALVE CONTROLLER with wired remote temperature feedback appliance solution.

VINCELdUB

• 1 year later...

Lots of places ;)
An all in one device I have not completed yet.... however, I have refined this setup and found a way to do almost the same thing for a third the cost.
For details, let me know what you are trying to accomplish.

Happy Automating!!

I habe a house now with only 7 AC units and 32 underfloor heating zones. So i will need 32 Thermostats. And i don't want to build the great wall Of C̶h̶i̶n̶a̶ Thermostats. So i'm looking for a small simple device that has simple relays to control the manifolds, with temperature sensors inputs for each zone. And a control4 driver that will see this device as many Thermostat zones.

To be clear, you want 32 heating zones.
Is this your own home? Or are you a dealer who has a client that requires this?

Timeline?

I have a few solutions in mind.
The largest issue I have found so far is finding a reliable way to monitor temperature and reporting it to control4 correctly. The best and most supported solution is C4 thermostat. Not practical in you situation.
The next option is a new I/O device that is small. The Z2I/O this device has multiple options including built in humidity, temp, and reed switch. It also has 4 configurable external connections.
da8eb27ec397ccfbc24e620adc002f49.png0a839a70447a7acdb3f8d83996288a09.png
4d612b5a14c0076bf369f7b0743e9c81.png

The question is, do you want 32 temperature zones? Or can you get away with less?
If you need to read temp in only 16 areas, you could use 16 Z2io and double up on relays. Basically, only one temperature per device.
You would then connect an external temperature sensor, thermistor, to the Z2io via two conductor wire at shoulder height in the room you want to detect the temperature. Drill a 1” hole. Not bigger!
3884bbdf1a826dc6a8b6ad81a2ad26a5.png

Happy Automating!!

For the above, I could build a complete solution that would be a plug in at a labelled terminal strip and then identify the devices on your zigbee network. This would include the needed power supply for the devices, housing with a simple power plug, internal wiring to a wire strip on the outside of the housing.

• 2 weeks later...

I am starting the process of hooking my radiant heat up inside my home right now.  I have three zones stubbed out right now.  I am currently using the "new" C4 thermostat for my forced air.  Would you recommend using three separate thermostats for each zone or can I get away with using three temp sensors?  Thanks for your input @VINCELdUB

Best solution would probably be KNX/EIB

Edit:

For such retrofit scenarios Heatmiser Neo is pretty good. Just put one in every room and it directly opens and closes the corresponding valve(s) - only issue here is that the Control4 driver needs an update to run profiles/recipes, but basic heating control works fine. You can even trigger heating/circulation water pump on and off via control4 depending on the actual needs if ur underfloor heating is water based.

Archived