C4 Forums | Control4

Updating HC500 to OS 2.9 ?

Yes, clicking on buttons in Composer is not actually difficult. That is not what makes dealer training a must-have. You've naively assumed and bypassed so many best practices and standard procedures that it's taken 4 pages and almost 100 posts to make any progress. You're trying to mash a square peg into a round hole and you're complaining to this audience about the shape of the hole.

BTW, something you touched on that I didn't see a reply to... Port forwarding is a MAJOR security risk. Unless you want your controller hacked with malware, do NOT expose it to the internet by port forwarding. C4's 4Sight service has highly secure remote access that requires no port forwarding. 

But if you had access to dealer training and dealer information you would already know that.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, clicking on buttons in Composer is not actually difficult. That is not what makes dealer training a must-have. You've naively assumed and bypassed so many best practices and standard procedures that it's taken 4 pages and almost 100 posts to make any progress. You're trying to mash a square peg into a round hole and you're complaining to this audience about the shape of the hole.

BTW, something you touched on that I didn't see a reply to... Port forwarding is a MAJOR security risk. Unless you want your controller hacked with malware, do NOT expose it to the internet by port forwarding. C4's 4Sight service has highly secure remote access that requires no port forwarding. 

But if you had access to dealer training and dealer information you would already know that.

I would love to see the plumbing and electrical work in his house

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

bypassed so many best practices and standard procedures that it's taken 4 pages and almost 100 posts to make any progress.

this is important for all the end users here as an example there is a reason control4 has the requirements for who can and cannot use pro. For something that a trained user should be able to test in minutes. I am not attacking OP here, but this a great example why control4 does what it does.

I always hate to see someone turn away from it because its not working right and because I know what it can be.

Really the root of this is whoever sold you this equipment set you up with all of the wrong expectations, just like many here and this is the true plight control4 faces.

7 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

Funny how he accuses me of dodging questions and he still hasn't responded to my direct question about whether or not he is using an illegal copy of composer pro! Chump

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I was wondering that myself. Why does it have Composer Pro?

4 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

are you playing from external or internal storage?

External USB.  Weirdly, I could play to my local computer before like a NAS, but even local WMP says it is unplayable.  The media windows on composer for the USB drive is fully populated with my files - all tagged and in correct format.  It just says "Unable to play media".

Archived